United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer for Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into their building in mind space . I waited for a half an hour before being interviewed. First round was pure technical. They made me to write programmes. I wrote programmes on 6 pages. Interview took an hour. And the senior architect took my another round. I told him that I never worked on design but he kept on asking me design question. Wasted my time. Better avoid taking interviews here.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for the phone interview with manager. Interview went good, the manager was very responsive. Communication with HR was poor. I was asked for onsite interview but for more than two weeks i didnt get any further notice, so i asked HR firmly what was the status. I was told that the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, like, what i learned, what was my job, etc.   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR for first round. However I couldn't make it on site and I was automatically put to the second round. The second round consisted of a 15 minute presentation of your interest, why UTC/ITLP, leadership experience, relevant work experience, etc. A question and answer dialogue followed. I was then given a behavioral interview with two IT employees and one HR employee. It was a simple interview and we really just talked about my past experiences and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

UTC couldn't guarantee me the exposure I wanted (Information Security) so I went with an offer that did. UTC should create a better pipeline into different areas because they'll continue to lose talent if they don't.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Internship interview, phone screen. They asked behavioral questions and my interests. The interview opportunity was obtained from an on-campus college career fair. The recruiters collected resumes, contact info, career interests, and then told us that they would make phone calls later that evening for an on-campus interview (limited slots). Or, alternatively, hiring managers would call us later for a phone screen if interested.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the HR department that was followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview that leads to an in person interview. The hiring manger said they would have about 5 people come in for an in person interview.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (East Hartford, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

I didn't really have an interview. I just got a phone call offering me a position. The university recruiter was a pleasure to work with. She walked me through the process, and explained everything thoroughly.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

To apply there is a lengthy online application that takes a while to fill out. The interviewing employee asked about manufacturing processes and some technical questions. Also asked about who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is lean manufacturing and how it's best implemented   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Interesting. Being asked different types of questions.

Test your culture fit and willingness to work hard

Ask about your family, and what you do outside work

Have a panel in last interview with 3 leaders

a a a a a a a a

Human Resources/LR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and went through a series of three interviews including one campus in-person interview & 2 phone interviews. They were relatively similar in terms of the questions asked and it was a very positive experience.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I interviewed at United Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I am working as Architect with 12 years of experience.
    I was interviewed by sr.developer(He mentioned to me, Looks he just having closely 5 years of experience) and he does not know what to ask, how to ask. Interviewer do not have basic skills, he just has sarcastic skills and cheap mindset. I just gave some training on few concepts to the interviewer. Please refer questions section for better understanding.
    HR is just unprofessional and cheap, since he asked developer to take my interview (Architect).
    HR must know how to respect other company professionals.
    Just calling for interview to downgrade other company professionals? Why to waste my valuable time?
    Why Architect(12 years experience) is interviewed by a developer(who is not even fit to take developer level interviews)?
    Finally, Great Company with few unprofessional people in Hyderabad.

Interview Questions

• Few are:
      1. Why AngularJS is in Skill set?
      2. Difference between anything(Interviewer don't know, what is anything. He told take anything)?
      3. You are 5 years experienced right(several times in sarcastic way) by looking at my profile(12 years experience)?
      4. Do you know SOAP(sarcastic way) and what is difference between SOAP and SOA? do you want me to ask again?
      1 Answer