United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

No technical questions, all behavioral/situational. They are very proud that FLPs take on full-time responsibilities. Don't ask about continuing education (they advertise funding for mba or cpa) as they are trying to reduce those costs and didn't seem enthused about interest in candidates pursuing a cpa post-grad. Being nervous for this interview will not benefit. Basic questions were mixed in with questions to test interest in UTC.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? How quickly did you pick up accounting in your introductory classes? What makes you capable of moving every six months?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two guys, both in technical fields, at a stem career fair. Overall, it wasn't too bad. They explained utc branches first and asked behavioral questions and talked about my resume and experiences.

Interview Questions

• all basic behavioral questions about past experiences and projects   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on my college campus. Lots of scripted questions and semi-intimidating interviewers. Second round interview was a Superday at the UTC campus. Two interviews in the morning, one group of interviewers were young and followed the scripted questions, another group were older and asked more resume-oriented and personality-oriented questions. Tour of campus in the afternoon. UTC covers hotel lodging and a dinner reception the night before the Superday and covers travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and how you recovered from it.   Answer Question

Contract Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to go through phone interview first with my vendor for technical skills evaluation. After two days, I got email to do phone interview with united. Since this was a contracting job , that might be the reason why I did not have to go for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me few Net Challengeable Questions.

=> Where can we store session values ?
      => In MVC , if you want to encrypt some values before executing action methods , where are you going to implement that ?
      1 Answer

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR recruiter to schedule a 30 min phone interview with her. It consisted of basic questions nothing technical about my background, work authorization, etc. It was followed by a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager did not seem to be interested in doing the interview and asked some simple, dull questions and hung up the phone. Not a nice experience at all.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in June 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview
    Asked me to walk through some of my past projects to get a sense of what i knew in the field.
    Asked a few behavioral questions to see how i handle group situations.

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

One over the phone interview and then went to HQ. Interviewed with two different members of the company. Both were actively involved with the FLP and were very friendly. Interviews were almost entirely behavioral and done simply in order to get to know you. It seemed as though once they had accepted you for an interview they cared far less about your academic abilities and more about your ability to interact with others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to name one person as your hero who would it be?
      What is your dream job?
      3 strengths and weaknesses.
      Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Springdale, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 3 weeks I interview 1:1. They seem like a great place to work for. They made me an offer and was really good but the benefits where garbage. Considering this was UTC you would expect them to have really good benefits. I think the benefits could have been clarified better then what they where.
    So here it goes I'll explain it..
    As far a medical insurance it was with some company I never heard of it was not like blue care network or anything special. When sitting down comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges I was coming up with apples to oranges on the plans and deductibles. For a family per month for medical and dental lol optical they did not even offer I was looking @ $500/ per month and the deductible was @ $6500 for family plan.
    The 401 k was so so as far contribution the college reimbursement was ok but those 2 benefits would not kick in till after a year of working there and medical& dental @ 60 days.

Interview Questions

• What kinda material have you worked with?   1 Answer
    • How do feel about the night shift?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Palm Coast, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was few days after I applied. It was extremely easy as long as you can go through your resume. They will ask you to talk about your experiences and what you are looking for now. If you know that then you should be okay.

Production Assembler I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Technologies (Pittsfield, ME).

Interview

going over application and doing a dexterity test to see where I had my strong points. Then was taken on a tour of work areas. I was then sent to have my drug test taken and waited for the call to say that I passed so that I could get my badge and start the job.

Interview Questions

• how long have you work in the manufacturing industry?   1 Answer