United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

1. HR: basic questions in your resume
    2. Hiring Manager: questions he/she want to know
    3. Senior Manager: questions he/she want to know
    Not sure the detail questions relative about the job descriptions.`

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 2 weeks later. There was a quick phone screen, then a phone interview. After those there was a series of 3 interviews that they had me do in the same day. Absolutely positive experience and I cannot wait to work with this team and this company. The company culture really seems to ring true! The offer was more than fair and I did not feel the need to negotiate. Also, there is no negotiating for interns.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for internships

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday via online and later that day I received a call to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview on Thursday morning in which was about 40 minutes. Simple and straight forward behavioral questions. Asked about what I knew about UTC, my background, etc. Due to the hectic holiday schedule, had an in person the next day. It was pretty quick compared to other interviews. I met with one IT LP alumni and then with one more individual. More questions about the company and behavioral. Due to holidays, it took about two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Straightforward process beginning with phone screen to assess background and experience. A face to face interview followed with interactive feedback from hiring manager in concert with a panel of stakeholder management representatives.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years with this company.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Phone screening followed by an on site interview. The phone screening was primarily to understand my interest in the opportunity and assess potential fit. The on site interview consisted of an HR screening with behavioral questions and a panel interview with the potential group. The panel interview mostly focused on past experiences and abilities as well as career ambitions.

IT Leadership Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Onsite interview was done with two other candidates and was a round robin sort of set up. We each went in a room of 3-4 people who varied in experience and position. After a half hour interview in that room we switched rooms and interviewed for another half hour. No technical questions mostly focused on past experience and course work. They were very fast in the process and extended an offer a week later.

Human Resources Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Networking session the night before. Hour long breakfast, 3 interviews (30 minutes each and they ask the same exact questions), panel of current HRLP, lunch overview of company and benefits

Interview Questions

• What role does HR play with the company's mission? Describe a time you took a risk. Only about 5 questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Technologies (Syracuse, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I just gave 1 interview which was on phone. I got an email from engineering manager for an interview time. I got my resume after pre screening from HR department. On scheduled day He asked me question related to my past experience my future aims and he asked almost everything from my resume. But overall it was not difficult

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple questions whatever you describe in your resume, they can go deep into it if you exaggerate   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Chula Vista, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite interview with 3 managers, director and HR, I followed up with a thank you letter and within about two weeks I received an offer for the exact amount that I had asked for.

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

No technical questions, all behavioral/situational. They are very proud that FLPs take on full-time responsibilities. Don't ask about continuing education (they advertise funding for mba or cpa) as they are trying to reduce those costs and didn't seem enthused about interest in candidates pursuing a cpa post-grad. Being nervous for this interview will not benefit. Basic questions were mixed in with questions to test interest in UTC.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? How quickly did you pick up accounting in your introductory classes? What makes you capable of moving every six months?   Answer Question