United Water (New Jersey) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Water (New Jersey) Interview Questions

Interviews at United Water (New Jersey)

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

You first go through a phone screening then meet with multiple people in person. When I reached the final round, there was ambiguity as to what my role would be at the company. Then they said the job would require 25% travel when there was no mention of it during the process. When I expressed my concern about it they took back their word and said they would only make it 10% travel. They added that they would decide on my responsibilities on the first day I started. If a company is lying about the job responsibilities already then I don't see it as a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had all the money in the world?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Paramus, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, HR called me a few days afterwards, went to Corporate HQ office a week after for an interview with Hiring Manager. She asked very basic questions and gave me a tour of office - I was done in approx one hour. HR called me back 2-3 days afterwards and I started the following week.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrington Park, Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Harrington Park, Bergen, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with acct mgr & controller, usual interview questions. Wanted to know what my job functions were at my previous company and how well they fit in with the needs of United Water.

Interview Questions

• Your degree is in finance, why should we hire you in accounting?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Background history, scenarios, and asked about computer experience. Both uys were very nice. The interview lasted about 35 minutes and would have bern shorter, but we started talking about non job related stuff. Very personable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two managers and an HR representative. General interview questions about my background and skills. It lasted approximately 2 hours. I contacted them after three weeks and was told a decision hadn't been made but I was still being considered. A week later I received a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult to answer. Questions mainly focused on my background. The HR questions seemed repetitive.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrington Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Harrington Park, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied to a job via the company's website. A week later I received an email from a human resources and they wanted to conduct an initial phone interview to discuss my qualifications and level of interest in this role. During the phone conversation, the human resource professional asked me what I was looking to make in terms of salary.

Following the phone interview, I was told they would like to arrange for me to come in for a 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager. During the interview, the Hiring Manager asked me to walk him through my resume from my college to present. Overall, the Hiring Manager asked general questions. I sent a thank you letter within 24 hours of of the interview to show my interest in the position.

I did not hear anything for 2 weeks, so I called the Hiring Manager to follow up if the position was still available and if so, was I still under consideration. After my follow up phone call, I was invited back to meet with the Hiring Manager's boss. Within a few days after the second 1:1 interview I received a verbal offer from human resources.

Interview Questions

The offer was below fair market value

Inventory Spec Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) (Laurel, MS) in October 2012.

Interview

Meet out side with hiring manager discuss position of inventory control , instead given the position of O&M TECH perform the job was always on call then sent to temp service

Interview Questions

• General what i know about inventory control and supply chain management   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online through the company's website and was contacted by a corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the local hiring managers. Local managers contacted me and asked general questions about my experience. Then I had an onsite interview and walk through of the plants. Then the corporate recruiter contacted me to discuss salary and benefits. Once we came to an agreement on salary I received a written offer letter with start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Water (New Jersey) in June 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by telephone by an intern to ask me some basic questions (degree status, interview availability, etc). I was then contacted by a recruiter to schedule my interview. The interview was pretty laid back. We discussed my previous experience and what I felt were my strongest skills.