United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Loaned Executive/Campaign Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Way (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, but the process was fairly easy/accessible. Got there early. Waited for a bit. I was called in to a room with three executives.

Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone interview. Next step to prepare a presentation over company and present at interview. Interview asked multiple questions on how I would respond to negativity and how I would deal with regular levels of stress or higher.

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to someone who is angry about their funded partners and allocations during a presentation.   1 Answer

Campaign Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Way (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process was somewhat unique compared to the other CRMs. I came through a placement agency. I spoke first with the agency to determine if this was the right fit for me. Then I interviewed over the phone with the United Way. The then scheduled a second interview for me, now face-to-face. Because Monsanto foots the bill for this portion of the United Way's business, I interviewed with both the United Way and Monsanto reps. From there, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you turn a "no" into a "yes"?   1 Answer

United Way Loaned Executive- Greater Atlanta Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were lots of people interviewing for the position but they have to hire more than 1 person. It was under 30 minutes and they only asked 4 to 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why United Way of Atlanta?
      What Motivates You?
      Tell us about a time in which you had to work on a team, what was accomplished?
      Tell us about a time where you have given a presentation, what did you do to prepare?

Tell me about a time where you experienced a major failure, How did you overcome it?
      A question was asked about a job on my resume   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

I applied online and next day i was invited for an interview. the interview was pretty easy. The HR just asked me to introduce myself and some basic question about my resume.

Campaign Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview and then In Person Interview. A person from HR first called to set up a phone chat with a Director of Fundraising. The phone interview was approximately 30 minutes and it seemed to mainly highlight yourself to see if you are a candidate they want to go further to 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Highlight from my resume the things that would make be good at the position   1 Answer

Corporate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Way (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went great, was told I'd be contacted n a few days for a second interview. After ten days I followed up with an email to schedule a second interview. The interview was scheduled within twenty minutes of my follow up email. Second interview went well. Was given two weeks expectations for a turn around time. Tried following up with the interviewer via email but no response. We are four weeks from my second interview. I got completely ghosted. Very unprofessional for a major non profit.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked to come in and connected through a mutual friend. Arrived on time but waited 20 minutes for interview, staff was polite overall but interviewer made it seem they were doing me a favor having me in. Most of the questions were theoretical i.e. "what would you do in this instance?" Understand wanting to get to know personality but interviewer was not very expressive throughout. Was also told it was good I was interviewing other places. Overall just bizarre and not direct interview process.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule the interview, and then sent confirmation of the date and time. The tone was very pleasant before and during the interview, and I was informed afterward that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable with date entry of marketing stats for the target audience.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Interview

I went through two interviews. On the second interview they asked for samples of how I'd revamp their brochure and write a press release for them. They wanted a fit for their office and someone who would work well for them. It was an easy interview and I felt confident but wouldn't be available for a few months.