UnitedHealth Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online, the whole process took about two months. First, they emailed me to invite me for a online video screening within 24 hours. The process took about 13 minutes, four questions. It was weird, felt like nonsense talk to yourself. Then the recruiter asked me for a short phone interview, very general questions. Then I was asked to do another phone interview with the hiring manager, it was semi-casual, took about 25-30 minutes, mainly introducing the company and the job along with answering questions you may have. Finally I had an onsite 3 hours interview with the hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job
    what is your current salary
    why you want to leave your current job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty normal interview process. first had to do a digital interview where there were preselected questions and you had to record yourself answering them. it was a little awkward but the questions were relitively straightforward. After you pass the digital interview, you are invited to meet in person. The first round of questions were all about your resume. Be sure that your resume is up-to-date and accurate because they will ask you everything you did. After they ask about your resume, they ask you a round of situational questions which are easy to answer if you have any previous work experience. Then They tell you more about the position, and after that, it is your turn to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• -Situational, tell me a time when...?
      -Can you tell me about a time when you had to manage multiple tasks and how you would prioritize them?
      -Is there anything that is not on your resume that you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews are for both sides, Company and Applicant. United Health Group, in my experience, was a very poor candidate. They look good on paper, but they blew the interview. Five (5) interviews, spanning over 3 months total. 3 weeks after the "final" (5th) interview, after numerous unanswered attempts (via email and phone) to inquire on status, they tell me they chose an internal applicant. Very poor communication. I feel they had an opportunity to communicate the progress of their decision as a common courtesy, and they failed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with [X] software in your previous role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews and then waited over a month to hear from anyone. Poor communication, slow process. You cannot negotiate the salary, they tell you what they will pay- end of story. Take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you challenged the status quo and what became of it.   1 Answer

I had already found something else within the month I waited. It would be nice to have some communication during the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people for the opening, most of whom would have been peers in the position. The questions asked were painfully cliche. "What is your greatest weakness". Seriously? What's yours!? This has to be one of the most worthless questions to ask someone. The rest of the questions were basically along those lines. They were all vague questions that someone could have printed off 5 minutes before the interview from a quick google search. I'm always amazed when I walk out of a 30-60 minute interview and little (if anything) about my specific skills are discussed. It's always worthless questions along the lines of "what would you do if the sky fell". It was obvious that no one in the process has an original thought as to conducting an interview. In hindsight I am very glad I did not get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Pre-screen call went through some basics including what my salary requirements were. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 telephone interview which lasted about 45 mins. During the call the interviewer spent a lot of time discussing what sounded like a chaotic environment and asking me how I responded to stress, if I worked well without supervision, how receptive I was to change. The conversation went well and I was invited to a face to face interview a week later at their Irvine location.

The interview was with a group. I think they wanted to get a feel for me and see how I would interact with the team. The interview lasted about an hour and since it was a group interview it can be a little exhausting because you are basically getting pinballed around the table from one interview question to the next. I guess I had a few misfires because I did not get called back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • If you were handed a project where the only information you were given was the project name and nothing else what would you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Ask my salary expectation.
    What's your strengths and weaknesses

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Emailed by hiring manager about 2 weeks after applying. Phone screen by her lasted about an hour, followed by a second 25 minute interview with her and a developer where basically they just asked if I could send over some sample code relevant to the interview. Sent that over and the next day was asked to come in for an interview with 2 people in the office. Most of the interview was discussing benefits and culture, seemed like they were selling the company more to me than the other way around. Position was offered and accepted 2 days later. So far very happy here.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all based around describing what I do with my current roles. I am more of a senior level position with a good background so I found everything easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt there was no need for negotiation, the offer was more than I could have hoped for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process is nothing different as compared to other companies. Here too we need to go through few processes like aptitude followed by manager and hr.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2009.

Interview

Interview was rather short