UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Digital interview which was the first round. It was easy based on behavioral questions. Three questions were asked. But after the digital interview I didn't hear back anything from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2017.

Interview

The application process took about a week. They are very quick with their process. It was a video interview. There were about 6 different questions. You have to answer one question at a time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2016.

Interview

I applied end of Oct. Digital video Interview 2 weeks later. Then 1 week later interview with manager and director. Questions were tough but fair. The interviewers really tried to get to know me. 1 week later I received an offer. The offer process takes awhile. Even after they verbally told me I had an offer, I had to wait 3 days for HR materials to come through. However that have a very efficient and wonderful onboarding process. I'm excited to start.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my technical skills: SQL, SAS, VBA and excel.   Answer Question
    • Asked about my ability to handle worked remotely.   2 Answers
    • Asked about a time I worked on a software development life cycle process start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate but they have good vacation and benefits so that's ok. They have pay grades and a strict budget

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video interview within a day of submitting my application. The hiring manager contacted me a couple days later for an interview. I am an internal telecommute employee so it was conducted via webex. I had 2nd and 3rd interviews with the hiring manager and her team over the next few weeks, all of which went extremely well. In the end I found out they offered the position to a friend of one of the team members - even though it was stated to me that I was more qualified.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

My last interview was not too long. Had one interview with the hiring manager and then a second interview with a lead. The hiring process lasted maybe a month. I am an internal employee.

Interview Questions

• what did you do in your current position   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2015.

Interview

Digital interview is the first step. You are then contacted by a recruiter or the hiring manager for an in person or WebEx interview depending on the location. The interview lasts approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical or moral challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Received an email that I was selected for the online interview. If you are selected, then you will have an inperson interview. Thereafter, you will receive an offer if you are selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process that is illustrated on their website was not followed. Contacted by hiring manager who conducted brief interview over the phone. Manager was looking for a very specific technical skill and when I didn't have it, the interview ended abruptly. I rearranged my day to answer one question that could have been answered in an email. His style was not someone I would have wanted to work for so when I went into my on-line profile to indicate I was no longer interested but he had already updated the profile to indicate that I was no longer being considered. Overall, I was quite frustrated by the whole process as the digital interview that they promote on-line seems very efficient such that multiple people can review your interview for future reference. This is not the case.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with database administration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds of Interviews, One with team leader, one with pier, one with director of the department.
    the interview with team leader and co-worker were quiet easy. However the Director was very hard to read. Couldn't get her to talk much.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.