UnitedHealth Group Case Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Case Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from this company. I had an initial phone interview and then I had a follow-up in-person interview. All interviews were robotic, especially the interview in person, and one of the 'in person' interviewers had a bad attitude from the time she walked in the door.

At the end they called me on a phone and had me pretend that I was a case manager handling a case management call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingman, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. She explained the position briefly and verified my past experience and education before sending me to the interviewer. The interviewer called to set up the actual interview and was very helpful in addressing my questions at the time. The interview was scheduled the next week and I received feedback within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions. Name a time you didn't follow rules. Explain your history in working with various cultural groups.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview was brief, professional and expert. Live interview was very positive, informative, and not stressful. They are team oriented. Three different managers interviewed me at different times but each was very concerned that I understood the values of the company and the job requirements. I watched a video exhibiting what the position I applied for would involve. I also was involved in role play between a customer(patient) and the nurse assigned to care for the patient.

Interview Questions

• What was one example of a moment when your immediate action made a difference and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I was called by a recruiter and screened by them first. Then a few weeks later I was called for a face-to-face interview. The interview asked a few basic company interview questions but overall the interview was pretty average and easy to navigate. The whole process took about 45 days.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2013.

Interview

Two weeks after online application, email from recruiter to set time for half hour phone interview that lasts 20 minutes, recruiter went over times/dates on resume, why did you leave this position, have you had a difficult coworker, describe the kind of hours you put in in work in a work day, then salary range discussed (ouch!), by phone hiring manager set up one hour phone interview in a week, questions were describe yourself, have you worked in ambiguous situations, describe ethical dilemmas

Interview Questions

• Easy questions but not motivated after salary range explained   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back from hr dept and phone interview set up. After phone interview 1:1 interview set up at local office, after approximately a month I received a call back stating I was hired, now I'm going through the background check, drug test and ppd. Looking forward to starting soon!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Response from Human Resources was immediate and offered a timely interview date. The actual offices were located in a low rent area of San Diego with an adjacent parking structure. The friendly receptionist provided a pamphlet containing a successful (and optomistic) case study prior to the interview. The office cubicles were roomy and quiet, with minimumal activity at the time of the interview. The lead interviewer was both personable and professional and clearly inferred the realities of the position and its limitations. The interview process involved three separate interviews with ascending levels within the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a very busy schedule?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was 3 days after I applied for the RN Case Manager position. The recruiter was awesome and my phone interview went very well and I had a face-to-face interview 1 week later on a Monday. By that Friday I was offered the position.

The process was very smooth and informative. The only drawback was that my hire date/training/orientation won't start until December. :-(

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with a computer and moving through multiple windows?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2008.

Interview

after sendingon-line resume- recalled corporate HR to follow up. 1 week later scheduled telephone "pre" interview. 2 weeks later invited in for on site interview. Called 1 day later with job offer. Issues with hiring inexperienced managers - majority seemed to be very "green" .As interview proceeded, job description was more suited for clerical repetitive data entry with little opportunity to utilize clinical skills. Bonuses were given based on quantity of phone contacts rather than quality of care

Interview Questions

• What is one of the more difficult cases you had in previous job - how did you handle it   Answer Question

for above reaseons. Little growth opportunity