UnitedHealth Group Claims Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Claims Processor Interview Questions

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Quick and painless really. Except for the outsourced telephone screener they used. Everyone I talked to that got hired same time as me, did not have a good experience with the screeners.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY).

Interview

it was way to long waiting days to hear if you were going on to the next step or if you were not a good candidate for the company . way to many loop holes to go through

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position maybe 3 months before I was called. I had an otp interview on a Friday and advanced to F2F interview on that following Monday. I sat in the reception area for sometime before I was acknowledged.6

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It is very long and thorough. Will probably take up to a month. First online screening, then on the phone for up to an hour, possibly a video interview as well, and then finally in person with at least 2-3 people. Then the drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Situation where many responsibilities were expected and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very easy, a few phone calls, a face to face interview, btw my interviewer was very late. It was more like a casual conversation. They want to make sure you want to work in a non-customer environment and very boring one, meaning 2 display monitors and a PC nothing else, which is fine for the kind of job. You can use headphones sometimes depending on the activity.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chico, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

4 step process: 1 online screening process with over 50 questions based on psychology and personality tests. 1 in-person demonstration of Windows-based computer skills (resizing window, keys, etc.). Two interviews: First, is with the recruiter. Second with 2 senior level managers.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your capacity to utilize information and become a critical thinker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

The process is lengthy and took approximately ninety days to receive my offer; after which, I still needed to continue to supply additional employment history, which i assumed were previously verified.

Interview Questions

• How long are you able to sit in one place at workstation before you needed to take a break?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online was immediately sent an assessment which I completed the same day. That afternoon I received a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I scheduled for the next day. The phone interview went well, asking background - telling me about the position and asking basic behavioral questions. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview asking same questions over the phone and then telling me more about the position. I was extended an offer which I accepted. Process took about 2 weeks or less.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer? How you dealt with making a mistake and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate although I think I could of, they pay was based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

First step is you get called in to do testing, and then they do a phone interview. If the phone interviewer likes you then are passed to the next phase of a face to face interview and then wait to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to disagree with your manager about a process, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eau Claire, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

2 months between "hire" and start date. Had to do a computer test (typing and 10 key) at the local tech college. Then the next week had an actual interview in a cramped little room at UHG itself. Next day was called and hired for the next new hire class...two months later. pretty annoyed with that

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in insurance?   1 Answer