UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed over the phone with a manager. The company had just received a new contract and was looking to hire a lot of people. Therefore the interview process was really basic questions.

Interview Questions

• It was an behavioral interview but I honestly don't remember the exact interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online and received the assessment by email. Weeks went by and I got an email to do a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was laid by and the conversation went well. I was then invited to do an interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The process has been about three weeks so far. Applied online, received an email about a week later, had a phone interview with recruiter shortly thereafter. Was scheduled for in person interview the next day. The interview went well, so I thought. I was assured I would hear something soon but as of now I have not heard a thing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions...describe a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Springfield, MO).

Interview

I was told by a friend, that UHG was hiring multiple positions in our area and she sent me a link to apply. I received an email for an assessment test in less than 24 hours. Just in a couple days, I had a call from someone who wanted to set up an interview time. So I did. I had a gentleman call me and the interview went well and he gave me a conference number and pass code to have another interview with a hiring manager. I called that number and used that password on the date and time, I was schedule and the code was incorrect. The gentleman sent me an email with the code, so I know I was using the right one. I emailed and called but have not heard from the company at all.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied Aug 4, got a call that evening to set up the interview for that Wednesday. I interviewed over the phone, that went great, then had my final interview with the hiring manager that Monday over the phone. The today I got call with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview then face to face interview. Was very easy and just be yourself and you will be ok. Nothing to worry about they need you just as much as you want them

Interview Questions

• Common tell me about a time questions   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hiring to me took a lot of time. I applied few days later got an interview request with recruiter. Everything after that was timing literally, went to interview face to face had to wait like a week for response because they were having a job fair a day after my interview. That following week I had gotten the offer great right? Well weird, because I had to do my background and drug test Thanksgiving week at that. I did everything that week after didn't hear from no one. Training class that I was originally told started 12/14/15 the week passes. A lady from Texas calls to mention that I was given another job position instead that the manager thought I'd fit. Crazy!!! I was like ok didn't hear nothing for another week. Recruiter called and mentioned position above in job title. I accepted the job offer and training for that class starts 1/4

Interview Questions

• What do you know about UGH?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy as soon as you except offer by phone they will send you the email and go from there.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview only I was given the opportunity to have a second interview which is face to face....I will let everyone know how it goes alittle nervous but Im confident.

Interview Questions

• What was ur greatest achievement   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for job, rec'd a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview, had my phone interview 2-3days after that which lasted about 45mins - the recruiter asked a bunch of specific questions about my previous work experience before asking some situational questions. I was called the next day and had a face to face interview the following Monday. I interviewed with two managers, the interview was only about 30mins long and they asked about 5 situational questions as well. I got a vmail almost two weeks later offering me the position. I got an email to confirm the offer the same day and then rec'd an email two days later with the location to take the drug test. (You have to take the drug test w/in 48hrs of rec'ing the email or your offer is automatically rescinded).
    The background and criminal check are EXTENSIVE! It took another 2wks after accepting the offer before I rec'd an email confirmation "clearing" me to start work on the training date. I also rec'd a call and email from the recruiter w/instructions for first day of training.

All in all, the interview process is pretty easy, the waiting period AFTERWARDS is the frustrating part. I applied 8/26 for the position, and just rec'd my confirmation of employment this morning (10/15).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to de-escalate an escalated situation.   Answer Question
    • How did you go above and beyond in your previous position?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about 1 week later I was invited to complete an online assessment. 2 weeks after the assessment I had a phone interview w/ a recruiter followed by a phone interview w/ the hiring manager the following day. Three days later an HR rep calls to offer me the position as a back up. This is very unfair to the candidate...the company is basically telling you that you are NOT the first choice and if anyvthing falls through between onboarding and training you may get in. This gives you false hope, meanwhile UHG have their bases covered. I would treat a back up offer like a rejection and continue in my job search.