UnitedHealth Group Clinical Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbia, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

video interview, recruiter phone interview, in person with hiring manager and associate director. Getting hiring manager to email or respond back is very difficult. I think my age did me in, looking for younger employees. "too much experience"

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, no technical questions or experience questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

First was a video interview through Hirevue. This was somewhat intimidating, but went fine. I'm sure they are familiar with people being nervous talking to a camera.

Then a phone call with my potential mananger.

Finally a team interview with 4 others.

Overall a very seamless and comfortable process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Brighton, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I arrived there 10 minutes earlier and waited for about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager led me to a small room and began the interview. She gave me some questions about how to link data together, how to identify useful data and how to deal with corrupted data. After that, two rounds of people from other department, interviewed me with some general questions and ability to cooperate. The HR concluded the interview with questions on salary and visa status.

Interview Questions

• How to identify the values for SEX column, say, 1 is Male or Female.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

It started off with a few phone interviews, and then I was flown to Boston for an interview. Met with multiple people and departments. The interview took about 3 hours total. Was asked some basic questions and some technical questions. Everyone I met with was very friendly and involved in their work.

Interview Questions

• Three sisters sitting next to each other, one always lied, one always told the truth and the third would either lie or tell the truth. Was given some conditions, and asked to determine in what order they were sitting. There was another question about cutting a strange shaped cake in half.   1 Answer

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview for screening purposes. Interviewer was very nice and polite, took about 30 minutes. Told her my past experience and she said I met the qualifications. Got an email to schedule an in person interview a few days later. Showed up for the interview 15 minutes early, the department director was 20 minutes late because he was "in a meeting". Started off by telling me that my qualifications didn't really meet the requirements of the job (then why am I hear I thought), proceeded to tell me how gigantic and great the company was and how great his numbers are. Said that a project I had worked on for a year at a previous employer and completed successfully was "not that big of a deal". Never asked me any questions about actual healthcare quality or why I wanted to work there. Told me more than once "if I were you I wouldn't want to work for me". Spent most of the interview talking about not a whole lot, only gave the department manager time to ask me one question, sadly, because she seemed much nicer and more interested in finding out about my experience. After about a half an hour he looked at his watch and said he had to leave for another meeting in 5 minutes and do I have any questions? which I thought was extremely rude, especially since he was late for the interview in the first place. Overall a terrible interview experience, solidified my disgust for working for a corporate giant that only cares about their bottom line and not the people they are serving.

Interview Questions

• You seem like a people pleaser, do you think that is a good or bad trait for someone in this position?   1 Answer