UnitedHealth Group Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

3.2

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Interview

The position called for a webcam interview. Questions where put on screen and then you had few seconds to compose your answer before the recording would start. There where five or so of these questions. I personally am not a fan of webcam interviews. They feel very impersonal. There was a follow-up phone interview after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when something was not what you originally thought it was, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Frederick, MD).

Interview

Applied and took assessment online. The next day received email from a recruiter to complete a digital interview where they asked 3 behavioral questions. The next day recruiter called to set up one on one interview the same day. Interviewed with 2 supervisors. Was not impressed, I got the judgement look right when they came in. They asked 3 behavioral questions and 2 main interview questions, why UnitedHealth group? And what sets you apart from the other candidates, why should we hire you?

Said they were going to contact me the next day and never heard anything. Should have at least emailed or called me I didn't get the position! Rude.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview

Submit Application, Get e-mail to do a 40 min assessment (Interactive Computer Scenarios),
    Contacted to do a phone interview (takes about 60 min.) They ask a lot of situational/behavioral questions and go through each detail of your resume. Be prepared with examples for the questions and answer in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a co-worker was unethical. Give an example of a time when you had to use your technical expertise to solve a problem. Give an example of a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Green Bay, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took skills/personality test. skills test consisted of 4 phone calls and multiple choice to select answer to the calls. A day later received call from recruiter explaining what job duties were, training is 15 weeks, pay is 12.50/hourly NON-NEGOTIABLE. Asked if I was interested and then set up in person interview with recruiter. Went in for my in person interview (she was EXPRESSION-LESS, like she hated her job).... went through my resume, she asked about 5 behavioral questions which weren't all that difficult, but they're really looking for specific DETAILED answers. She typed my answers word for word on a laptop. email later that they were going ahead with more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you used your technical expertise to solve a business problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

They first will test your skills when you submit your online application. The next step was a Phone interview with an HR representative. After that an onsite test was scheduled, and upon sucessful completion, another phone interview was scheduled. The final step then was a face to face interview with 2 hiring manager staff members. It is intense, and goes on for a while. My interview lasted for over an hour and they really concentrate on your integrity anf honesty, so be prepared to give examples of how you proved yourself without giving up your integrity. They also will look into your idea or opinion of what customer care service is.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your intefrity was compromised, and how you handled it.   2 Answers
    • Give an example of when you had to calm an angry customer, and be specific.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Southfield, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied, received an email asking me to complete an assessment test, was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview, had phone interview and was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview and additional assessment test. I was offered a conditional position if anyone that was hired dropped out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you witnessed an unethical situation in the office? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Unitedhealth Group?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Nashua, NH) in December 2010.

Interview

Online test first. Passed, asked to come in to take another test that would be proctored. Passed that, asked to come back for interview. Did extremely well in interview. She said she would do background and I would know in a day. I was very upfront about past credit issues, but she said credit wasn't looked at if you weren't applying for a financial position, which I wasn't. I received email a week later that I didn't get the job. Clearly they used the credit because I passed with perfect score all the initial tests. Otherwise my background is clean - not even a traffic ticket in 10+ years.

Interview Questions

• Describe past negative customer service experience and how I turned the situation back to positive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sunrise, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed later on that day about taking an on site assessment. After scheduling the assessment I went to the onsite location to take the assessment. The assessment was a phone and computer simulation, similar to the job you would be hired for. After passing the assessment, I was asked to come back for an interview with a manager. The consisted of all behavioral questions. After the interview I was told they would be in contact. Few days later got the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and had to apologize to a manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tonawanda, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I knew I was overqualified for this job as soon as I talked to the recruiter, but it was so close to my house and offered some other perks like the possibility of working form home that I went anyway.
    I did a skills test then was asked to come back the same day for an interview with HR. The HR rep and I had a long talk about my skills and how I would move quickly in the company with my background. She then asked me to come back later that same day and talk to the department manager and training manager.
    The training manager mostly ran the interview and all went well with him. The department manager hardly said anything and when I mentioned anything about my past experience seems to be annoyed that I had experience - seemed to me I may have had more experience than her.

Thankfully I got a rejection email the next day. Since then, they have run the add almost continuously. Obviously either no one is making it past the interview process or they are going through people like water. With the reviews I have seem, I think it may be the latter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you keep you materials and memos organized   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

applied online, received call to setup the phone interview the next day. H?Re interview included brief background of position. questons reviewed experience and expected salary. received a call next day to interview with peer and cooedinator. currently waiting for next call which would be with a supervisor.