UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Roanoke, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Was called to come in for a skills test - went in and did the whole personality test (2nd one so far) and skills test. Once I passed that I was given an interview time for a 1:1 interview a couple days later. The person I interviewed was very candid and forthcoming. She actually coached me on what to say in the 2nd interview to make sure I was hired, and what not to say. Which was great because I really needed a job at the time. But I also think some people got hired that shouldn't have because of this "coaching". The 2nd interview was set up the next week with 2 Supervisors. They asked lots of different questions that aren't basic. One of those interviewers is my current supervisor, and I highly respect him. The other has become a "friend", or as much a friend as a Supervisor can be. I was then called a few days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told at the beginning that it is a set hourly rate, there is no negotiating on the pay for this position - everyone is paid the same, no matter what.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

You take a customer service test and fill out extra application paper work. Then you are scheduled for a one on one interview if you pass the test.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview

applied online and took online assessment, was contacted via email to come in for onsite assessment about 10 days later. onsite assessment consisted of 4 cust svc situations that had nothing to do with healthcare for skills and yet another personality test. was told by the person (who by the way never introduced herself and seemed rushed and rude) i would hear something within 72 hrs either way, i didn't . 2 weeks later i got a call to schedule an interview with a recruiter. i returned the call and left 3 messages over 4 days. then late on a sunday night a week later someone called to schedule a phone interview for the next day at 1 p.m. the call came at 2:30 and recruiter asked questions she said the company was interested in. had i ever had to claim responsibility for a mistake by another employee? describe a time when a customer was very angry. the usual. then asked if i ever had occasion to compose and send correspondence, what other languages did i speak and what operating system my home computer was on. recruiter was very pleasant and said i would hear something via email within 48 hrs. got an email wednesday morning saying that although my credentials were impressive there were others more qualified.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to calm an angry customer   Answer Question
    • have you ever had to claim responsibility for a mistake by another employee   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview

I was first asked to come in for a group assessment. This consisted of a test done on the computer. It was not that difflicult. Next, came a phone interview. We kept getting disconnected. Next was an interview one on one. The woman was a supervisor and very chatty. The background check was the worse part. They kept calling me because they could not verify my information. I got an envelope delivered to me saying I did not get the job because of my credit. I called United Healthcare and they said they do not pull credit reports. I called the company doing the background check and she never said it was a mistake she just said to ignore it. It was very upsetting. Finally they sent me for a drug test. Had I known then what I know now I would not have been so thrilled to get the job! It is a very difflicult job and should pay more than it does! The benefits are expensive and not very good for a health insurance company. I was very disappointed with the whole place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difflicult or irrate customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a call and got an offer, there was no negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview

Received a call to go to interview with 2 different managers, then the VP, took 2 weeks. But no job offer.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online, recieved an email two days later asking for more information. Another email about two days later as well, asking to schedule an onsite assessment. the assessment location was changed a day before the test, to a location about 20 minutes away, but I was familiar with the area, so no problem. The assessment consisted of listening to calls and taking phone numbers, names and what customer was calling for.Passed assessment, they let me know right away. A 30 minute telephone interview was scheduled a day later, then an onsite interview with two managers about 3 days later. Recieved a contigency offer the following week, pending background checks. Reference checks, drug testing and criminal background checks completed in about a week. Recieved a confirmation of start date one week later. Overall a smooth process, someone was in touch with me on a regular basis via email. Everyone I came in contact with from the security guard to the managers were all cordial. I felt comfortable and not at all like just another applicant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as it was more than I was asking.

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview

I did the online app and assessment. I was asked to schedule an onsite assessment by email. The onsite assessment is a call center simulation. You have to enter names and numbers of “customers” and then pick a response from a list. (Tip: Remember the name and enter the numbers first. The numbers come faster than you will be able to type the name, and you will be penalized if you replay the last sound.) I was later called for an interview. I was interviewed from a packet. The First four pages are about your work history. The next five are standard behavioral interview questions. I was emailed later that day with a rejection letter.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview

recruiter called 1 hour later than scheduled asked if i had experience in call center. i explained 7 years on the phone. she asked me xpected salary . i quoted a $ amount she said we can only pay this amount. no chance to negotiate. she said i should get another call to come in for face to face interview . before we hung up phone i received a REJECT email..

Interview Questions

• she only ask why do i want the job   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Interview

An outside HR consultant contacted me by email and phone.
    Very good experience in the exchange of questions and answers.
    I could have been more confident

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview

If you don't have any experience working in a call center don't apply for the job. Even if you pass the computerized testing, that doesn't matter.