UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After you apply to the position and certain qualifications are met, the recruiter will most of the time call you within 2-3 weeks later. Sometimes UHG recruiters can be inconsistent. They may never followup with you.

Interview Questions

• Over the telephone, the recruiter will ask a couple of behavioral questions and about your work background. Towards the end of the call they will set up a face to face with a supervisor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online then maybe 2 weeks later was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was behavioral questions. Recruiter made it easy so I was less nervous . After the interview I was told that she will give the hiring manager my answers for review and if selected I would be scheduled for a face to face interview so allow up to 2 weeks. I was emailed 3 days later by a different recruiter who scheduled a face to face interview . I will update after I get through the next process wish me luck !!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to be critical and accurate describe the steps that was taken   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

they contact you via email first to set up phone interview. email outreach was done within one week of applying. following the phone interview, they say you'll be contacted 1-2 weeks regarding in person interview. did not take as long as they said, more like 3 days. following in person interview, was offered position within a week. started the following training class 2 months after being offered position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Montgomery, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was applied online for the Montgomery, AL location (OptumRX). Was contacted by a recruiter a couple of weeks later. Received email to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and was invited for a face to face interview on a Friday. The interview was with two people neither of which was the person I was told I would interview with. I thought the interview went well; there was discussion of compensation, work shifts, holidays, etc. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told to keep watch on my email for information about conducting background check and drug test. Imagine my surprise when I got a rejection email the following Monday. I felt a bit disappointed and misled by the overall process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Madison, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

It was ok. You have a phone interview first and then advance to a face to face interview. The worst part about the interview is waiting for a response if you have the position. It is horrible. I waited almost two weeks to say I was not hired by email. It is not like this is a high security clearance job with the government. You should get a response in three to five days minimum instead of two weeks. Why should you have to wait weeks on something they already know once you leave after the interview. Stop wasting an applicant's time. Ridiculous. If you look on the jobpage and after the interview the job is active and your interview is complete it meant you are just done with the interview but of course they still we're looking. You did not get it in most cases.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard. They ask about your previous work history and ask about situations where you helped customers previously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, wait for online assessment test , must do it within 48 hours . phone Interview, in person Interview . They do background check and drug test . Very quick . Less then 2 weeks .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Complete application, phone interview, online Skype interview, scheduled group interview at the location. A lot of hoops to jump through for a temporary position that pays less than a babysitter.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience align with this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Interview is about an hour from start to finish. My interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. Made the job details very clear. I suggest if you have any unresolved personal issues, take care of them first. There is a strict attendance policy especially for the duration of training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins. The second interview was in person with 2 managers. Tey were both very pleasant. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a difficult situation with a manager?   Answer Question