UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.5

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

they contact you via email first to set up phone interview. email outreach was done within one week of applying. following the phone interview, they say you'll be contacted 1-2 weeks regarding in person interview. did not take as long as they said, more like 3 days. following in person interview, was offered position within a week. started the following training class 2 months after being offered position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Montgomery, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was applied online for the Montgomery, AL location (OptumRX). Was contacted by a recruiter a couple of weeks later. Received email to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and was invited for a face to face interview on a Friday. The interview was with two people neither of which was the person I was told I would interview with. I thought the interview went well; there was discussion of compensation, work shifts, holidays, etc. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told to keep watch on my email for information about conducting background check and drug test. Imagine my surprise when I got a rejection email the following Monday. I felt a bit disappointed and misled by the overall process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Madison, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

It was ok. You have a phone interview first and then advance to a face to face interview. The worst part about the interview is waiting for a response if you have the position. It is horrible. I waited almost two weeks to say I was not hired by email. It is not like this is a high security clearance job with the government. You should get a response in three to five days minimum instead of two weeks. Why should you have to wait weeks on something they already know once you leave after the interview. Stop wasting an applicant's time. Ridiculous. If you look on the jobpage and after the interview the job is active and your interview is complete it meant you are just done with the interview but of course they still we're looking. You did not get it in most cases.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard. They ask about your previous work history and ask about situations where you helped customers previously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, wait for online assessment test , must do it within 48 hours . phone Interview, in person Interview . They do background check and drug test . Very quick . Less then 2 weeks .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Complete application, phone interview, online Skype interview, scheduled group interview at the location. A lot of hoops to jump through for a temporary position that pays less than a babysitter.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience align with this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Interview is about an hour from start to finish. My interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. Made the job details very clear. I suggest if you have any unresolved personal issues, take care of them first. There is a strict attendance policy especially for the duration of training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins. The second interview was in person with 2 managers. Tey were both very pleasant. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a difficult situation with a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salem, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I cannot believe how incredibly unprofessional the interview process was for this company. They mismanaged every single step of the process. I sent my resume and got a call back but when I tried to return this call, for a solid week, got no response. The message that was left for me sounded unsure, like it was the first time this person was leaving a message, and then no response. A week later I got an email setting up a phone interview. Finally! The time for the interview came and went - NO CALL. I went online at website chat and the person on the other end of the chat was highly responsive and located the person I was supposed to receive a call from, stating there were "equipment issues" to explain it. I was told I would receive a call within half an hour. I got the call, but the person who interviewed me showed NO INTEREST in my answers. It was like talking to a robot. At the end of the call THE END OF THE CALL I was told they had already hired whoever it was they were hiring for. I mean really? I was honestly shocked at hoe unprofessional it was. Made me glad not to be hired to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email to complete an online assessment, then waited about a week and recieve another email to set up a quick phone "interview" which was basically just explaining the job role, pay, and etc. I was then ask to set up a second phone interview for a week later. I went in for a face to face interview two days after that with the supervisor, then i was invite back two days later for an interview with the Manager. I got a call a week later from someone saying that I was hired and I need to wait for email about my drug test, back ground test and etc.