UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

very simple and down to earth interview. Starts with a phone interview. Very basic questions and then you are moved on to the face-to-face. Which was also very smooth. The interviewer was very enthusiastic and down to earth. The same day of the interview I was offer the position but as an alternate.

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview question where about past job experiences they use the star method. It's break about how you deal with issues. and your integrity. I did my phone interview on Friday and my impersonation interview on Wednesday. At the end of the interview he said my recruiter would get back to me about benefits and pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I've been applying for CSR for the past month and would hear nothing back. I checked on their website again one day and they had just put up a job posting that same day for CSR. I applied and the next day I got an email stating they were interested and would like to give me a phone interview. A few days later I had the interview. The recruiter was nice and sweet, she said I answered great and to her I was perfect for the job. Now I would have to wait for a manager to review my phone interview/application & would get a call back/email in a few days to 2 weeks. Now it's time to wait. She asked me 3 situational questions, computer questions, and told me more about the job. Overall, it was quite easy. Felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. Hoping I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to control your emotions at work. (Angry/irritated customer/coworker or an unexpected situation) how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to be accurate at work. (A project, attention to detail kind of thing)   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to take on an extra task at work. (Voluntarily/Asked)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Norristown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to come in the next week for panel interviews. I accepted and we set a time.
    At the interview, I met with a panel of 4 people, the CSR supervisors for different regions, as they were hiring for all shifts after Optum360 took over Quest's billing department. They were all EXTREMELY nice and friendly! It was very easy to be open and talkative with them, and they made it feel like they really cared and paid attention to what you said.
    The interview itself was very easy -- they detailed the position, the requirements, the shifts, etc. They asked me which shift I would prefer, and we moved onto the interview questions. There were only 3, and they were all "Tell me a time when.." questions. I answered all of them, they asked if I had any questions and I asked some. After that, they said they'd be contacting people early the next week.
    Monday I got a call, Tuesday I accepted the offer, Wednesday I took my drug test, and Thursday I was definitively offered the position as my drug test and background check came back clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took ownership of something while dealing with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Phone interview first and then in person interview with 2 managers in the call center the process was pretty simple and easy pretty short process everyone I've spoken to has been very nice and friendly

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview, the interviewer was prompt & friendly. Interviewer informed me about the company as well as my job description. The interview was about 45 minutes long & I left feeling confident & well informed about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time when you had to complete a task you were not familiar with?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview was very easy and straight to the point. I was offered and accepted the position. The recruiter went over job description and let me know the training hours. I would be working for optum as mail order agent

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is not what I want, but will work until I find a better opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

waiting for phone interview. i got a voice interview by the recuriter than in less than 2 weeks, i received a call for interview, which i am so happy to get.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Advertised as job fair, just a lobby full of people, waiting around 90 minutes, could not get an interview due to lack of staff. They need to add people in the Optum group for open enrollment period. Advertised Sunday and Wednesday newspapers. They brought the people in, only the desperate would start around all day. Very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Are you licensed? Are you not licensed as an insurance agent? Take a seat. Some job fair.   1 Answer