UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.5

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Executive Recruiter reached out within few days of applying online. Promptly setup calls with Hiring Manager. Was called for onsite interview. There were other candidates scheduled to meet with the Hiring Manager same day. Did not hear back from the recruiter nor there was any email update after that. Disappointed that they didn't bother to send out a notification that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about current role and projects. Was asked to define plan & strategy for a new project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 7 individuals over the course of 5 interview "dates". Never heard follow up after the last "interview". Some of the interviewers were late to the interview, and then others went well beyond alloted time. My time was not taken into consideration for this process. It is apparent that they also do not talk within their teams, as I am still getting contacted by recruiters for roles even though the last interview was never closed out. I would not work for this company based on this experience alone. It is evident that valuing others is not important to them.

Interview Questions

• They did not use interview guides, but instead carried on conversations about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2009.

Interview

Contacted by internal HR recruiter who setup the formal interview process. Met with VP and two potential coworker. Straight forward questions and non-adversarial environment.
    I was an internal referral so it was a shortened process.
    Fair and up front, open minded group that was not looking to "grill" a candidate in order to look good to peers.

Interview Questions

• None. I liked "Where do you see healthcare going in the next five to ten years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

All handled through the recruiter. They accepted my counter offer.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Mostly phone interviews. Met hiring manager and got job offer 2 weeks later. It was basically a series of 1:1 phone interviews since the company employees are all home-based. All total it was 5 phone interviews and the final interview in person with hiring manager. The process took about 3 months from when I was contacted by the recruiter to when I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Very strange that I did not get "unexpected" questions. Easiest interview process I have experienced. Mostly conversational.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate sign on bonus and equity to match what I was giving up on prior employer

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted application through UHG (Unitedhealth Group) website. Contacted by recruiter. All interviews, except a final screening were done over the telephone. Hiring process was extended because they wanted to ensure that there was a consulting engagement available before being hired. This is certainly fine, but I was not told what the delay was about.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very basic. "Do you have experience doing X?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was focused more on start date. There was no signing bonus offered. Salary offer was based on my expressed expectation prior to the offer.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Well planned interview cycle, but a little on the overdone side. Felt like interviewers were just working a behavioral based question template provided by Human Capital, which took up all of the scheduled time so no opportunity to talk about the actual job requirements/description. 4 formal interviews totalling approx. 4+ hours. All by phone. Entire cycle took 30 days/1 month to complete.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process of hiring at UHG is very efficient. The recruiters work hard to bring talent in the organization in a timely manner.
    You're more likely to go through a phone interview with a recruiter first and then with the hiring manager. The process is structured, but is pretty informal and intuitive. This worked for me.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for a long time, the job sounded exciting and i was offered the top of my range right away.

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I'll start off by saying, it's going to be a process. UHG is thorough in their hiring process, which being a hiring manager in my last position, is not a bad thing. They are definitely looking for talent, experience, and ensuring the candidate is a good fit for the company and vice versa. The interviews themselves were not overly challenging, as I feel I do quite well in this process, but the seemed never ending. I started with a recruiter and then had roughly six follow up interviews with various employees at various levels. Often times the same questions were asked, so they are either looking for inconsistencies, or they don't collaborate with one another to review the answers. Not sure which. All of the interview were very positive. The recruiter was very professional and answered any questions I had along the way. Just prepare for this to be a long process. Just keep in mind that UHG has 170k+ employees, so managing the recruiting and hiring process is not easy.

Interview Questions

• These all seemed to be fairly basic questions. "Tell me some professional attributes that would make you a good fit for the position", "Tell me about a time when you struggled to meet a deadline" etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the newly hired Vice President and his Executive Director. I had worked with them before at another healthcare company. They told me they wanted to hire me for my Subject Matter Expertise.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked.   1 Answer