UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. Applied online. Received a form rejection email after 4 weeks. Approximately 2 weeks letter, received a second form email asking if I was still interested in the position, and if so, to resubmit the self-identification form. A few days later, I was sent a link for a very awkward video interview where I was recorded answering questions that appeared on my screen. After approximately a month, I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring manager. I was advanced to the next step and was scheduled for 4 30 minute interviews with other team members. I waited approximately 4 more weeks and followed up with the recruiter for a status at which point I was told I was not selected. This process does not give off a good impression for the organization - especially for experienced leadership roles.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational with a few generic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Executive Recruiter reached out within few days of applying online. Promptly setup calls with Hiring Manager. Was called for onsite interview. There were other candidates scheduled to meet with the Hiring Manager same day. Did not hear back from the recruiter nor there was any email update after that. Disappointed that they didn't bother to send out a notification that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about current role and projects. Was asked to define plan & strategy for a new project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 7 individuals over the course of 5 interview "dates". Never heard follow up after the last "interview". Some of the interviewers were late to the interview, and then others went well beyond alloted time. My time was not taken into consideration for this process. It is apparent that they also do not talk within their teams, as I am still getting contacted by recruiters for roles even though the last interview was never closed out. I would not work for this company based on this experience alone. It is evident that valuing others is not important to them.

Interview Questions

• They did not use interview guides, but instead carried on conversations about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blank, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Blank, MD).

Interview

Got a digital interview invite two days after applying. After another three weeks, got a request for HR interview and the same week digital interviews were setup to talk with the entire team. There was a mix up in schedule sent to me and what HireVue had on their end. HR was not very friendly in rescheduling interviews. Always check the HIrevue schedule rather than relying on the dates that HR sends. The technology did not work well for a couple of interviews. For final team interviews, I prefer in person interview rather than digital interviews which are not only inpersonal but you have to rely on technology which is not always the best.

Interview Questions

• I had a total of four interviews. My first two interviews went really well. The last two interviews were more focused on the expertise of the Interviewer rather than the job that needed to be done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I'll start off by saying, it's going to be a process. UHG is thorough in their hiring process, which being a hiring manager in my last position, is not a bad thing. They are definitely looking for talent, experience, and ensuring the candidate is a good fit for the company and vice versa. The interviews themselves were not overly challenging, as I feel I do quite well in this process, but the seemed never ending. I started with a recruiter and then had roughly six follow up interviews with various employees at various levels. Often times the same questions were asked, so they are either looking for inconsistencies, or they don't collaborate with one another to review the answers. Not sure which. All of the interview were very positive. The recruiter was very professional and answered any questions I had along the way. Just prepare for this to be a long process. Just keep in mind that UHG has 170k+ employees, so managing the recruiting and hiring process is not easy.

Interview Questions

• These all seemed to be fairly basic questions. "Tell me some professional attributes that would make you a good fit for the position", "Tell me about a time when you struggled to meet a deadline" etc.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2015.

Interview

Great ppl, good organization, willing to help and show you around. They have an amazing internal network to grow with and enjoyed this. Loved the tour and the people, and the location. Hope to go here. Great place.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you want me to take away from this encounter   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process of hiring at UHG is very efficient. The recruiters work hard to bring talent in the organization in a timely manner.
    You're more likely to go through a phone interview with a recruiter first and then with the hiring manager. The process is structured, but is pretty informal and intuitive. This worked for me.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for a long time, the job sounded exciting and i was offered the top of my range right away.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Well planned interview cycle, but a little on the overdone side. Felt like interviewers were just working a behavioral based question template provided by Human Capital, which took up all of the scheduled time so no opportunity to talk about the actual job requirements/description. 4 formal interviews totalling approx. 4+ hours. All by phone. Entire cycle took 30 days/1 month to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the newly hired Vice President and his Executive Director. I had worked with them before at another healthcare company. They told me they wanted to hire me for my Subject Matter Expertise.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked.   1 Answer