UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.6

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

I went through all the steps and finally received a phone interview date and time. The hiring manager called me twice before my scheduled interview time. I am not allowed to have my phone out at work so I missed the calls. At my scheduled interview time I waited and waited with no call. I called the number back and left her a message as well as the recruiter explaining. Neither returned my call. Today I received a rejection email stating I am no longer under consideration. Very unprofessional and unfair.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Long process; meet with recruiter first, 2nd interview, then 3rd interview with Team leader whose is a NP who has been with the company many years. It takes approximately 6 weeks from interview to training which is in Baltimore, MD

Interview Questions

• What presentation about a patient would warrant a call to ems or referral for urgent care?   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

One recorded interview and one interview with a developer. Responded very quickly. Only gave 10 days to either accept of reject the offer. Non Negotiable offer. Everyone was friendly. No technical questions at all

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in a team? When have you been challenged?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an Initial phone interview with recruiter 2 weeks after i applied, then panel interview after a week of initial interview over the phone. Basic behavior questions were asked. scenario questions about customer series, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions, customer service scenario questions   Answer Question

Claims Associate Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied 10/13 online (originally saw them on indeed.com)
    Completed an assessment the same day.
    Phone interview with the recruiter ( cant remember the date)
    Final interview with the hiring manager 10/25
    Got called with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Just use the STAR format! Mainly typical "Name a time..." questions.
       The phone screening took about 20 mins which was great!
      The interview with the hiring manager was more relaxed.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. Luckily, they offered the highest for the position. I wish the job paid more but, I am looking at this from a bigger picture!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

waiting for phone interview. i got a voice interview by the recuriter than in less than 2 weeks, i received a call for interview, which i am so happy to get.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Provider Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lady called to schedule phone interview, asked me to pick a time. I picked a time hung up and she called me right back to reschedule the time (30 minute difference) and she ended up picking it...Why bother asking me what time is good....

Interview Questions

• Employment history, why interested in position, usual questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a brief qualifier over the phone to setup a phone interview. I was scheduled to do my phone interview the day after my initial qualifier. I then received a phone call to go in for an inperson interview about 1 week later. The final offer came in about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with UHG?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving (why did you leave) your most recent employer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was really easy had to do over the phone with my camera just asked basic questions. Also had to wait a least a month until I heard that I had the position. Then I received email stating that I received job with hours and days I will be working.

Interview Questions

• How are able to help the customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

the process was over the phone and was very easy and took about an hour. i had a total of 2 interview as well as a spanish test over the phone. the people whom interviewed me were very nice and professional. looks like a great place to work

Interview Questions

• i was asked about my background in a call center environment   Answer Question