UnitedHealth Group IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group IT Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, all from recruiter to discuss on experience and skills. Then went through few phone reviews with different people from the company. Then went for a walk in interview to near by office.
Waited for a week and got a call from recruiter on the result.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. I appreciated the feedback given to me after the interview concluded. I waited for about three weeks to receive a call back. Well, they never called me back! So, I would say that this company did not satisfy a smooth and morale-based road of introduction.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

UnitedHealth Group used Hire Vue to make a hiring decision. I was asked by a UHG recruiter to complete the one-way video interview. This video is supposed to be a step (not the step) in the hiring process. The next business day, the same recruiter called and said that the manager has decided to proceed with another candidate, no F2F for me. This process didn't allow me to questions; guess it doesn't matter. UHG needs to put the Human back into HR and stop with this shotgun method.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greenville, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

5 people around a conference table in a small conference room, each with an open laptop into which they were looking and typing.
    Open position needed to be filled quickly so they were probably going to make a decision and hire that person (contractor). One question from each person.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview

First part of phone interview was the usual background questions such as clarification of my current job, why I want to leave, etc.

Then, quite out of context, the recruiter asked me my current salary. I responded that it was confidential. We fenced around but I felt that question was out of bounds. The recruiter then asked me what my salary requirements were. She even asked what it would take to maintain my standard of living, etc I found that question very strange because the market price of a job is not related to my mortgage or car payments, etc.

I responded that it depends on the duties, other benefits, etc.

The recruiter became somewhat belligerent at this point and stated the salary range for the job and asked it if was OK. I responded that I know nothing about the job, duties, benefits etc but that I would seriously consider any market offer. Keep in mind that these salary discussions started within 5 minutes of phone screen. She then said that I am required to provide a range or she would cancel my candidacy.

I said we were in a "catch 22" because there is more to compensation than salary and I can't answer the question. She abruptly ended the call by raising her voice, talking very fast and nervously that she is ending my candidacy but that I decide to contact her again with my current salary and salary requirements we could talk further. She then hung up very abruptly.

The experience was extremely baffling and I suspect there was no job to begin with and it was simply for salary research.

My impression of UHC is not very good due to this experience and the lack of professionalism of the recruiter.

More concerning is I was perfect fit for the job with unique qualifications and experience, etc.

Thankfully, I have a pretty good job right now and the experience is now a funny story to relate to my friends and colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary   1 Answer
    • What are your salary requirements   1 Answer