UnitedHealth Group IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group IT Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It will take FOREVER to get through the screening process. Anticipate minimum 45 days from application to an in person interview, assuming you get past the computer screen and video interview which comes first.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview - work history, how it applies to them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, all from recruiter to discuss on experience and skills. Then went through few phone reviews with different people from the company. Then went for a walk in interview to near by office.
    Waited for a week and got a call from recruiter on the result.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions

• Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I was part of an Acquisition and didn't have to participate in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to take a pay decrease   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. I appreciated the feedback given to me after the interview concluded. I waited for about three weeks to receive a call back. Well, they never called me back! So, I would say that this company did not satisfy a smooth and morale-based road of introduction.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Management?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online in late January 2014. I interviewed via phone with a recruiter who passed my resume / application along to the hiring manager. By Friday of the next week, I had a phone interview with the manager, as well as a second interview by his team. By the next week, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a team member who lives in my state. That week, I received a verbal offer, followed by a discussion of start date, terms, etc. Background check, drug test, and other formalities took about 3 weeks. Entire process took about 5 weeks. It was a quick and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• My resume shows position or team changes every 3 years, so I was asked why I didn't stay with teams or organizations any longer by one of the long timers, but the other interviewers didn't seem to be concerned with my tenure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter will ask you to commit to a lower salary early in the interview cycle. Because I had interviewed for more than one position with the same recruiter, he/she knew my bottom line for a telecommute position, so that is the figure I was presented, which I accepted. I do feel the salary may be negotiable within 2-3k if you can negotiate directly with the hiring manager, but I chose not to do so as I was offered a reasonable salary and did not want to hold up the process.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Mar 3, 2014 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your great review and glad the process went well for you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

UnitedHealth Group used Hire Vue to make a hiring decision. I was asked by a UHG recruiter to complete the one-way video interview. This video is supposed to be a step (not the step) in the hiring process. The next business day, the same recruiter called and said that the manager has decided to proceed with another candidate, no F2F for me. This process didn't allow me to questions; guess it doesn't matter. UHG needs to put the Human back into HR and stop with this shotgun method.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greenville, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

5 people around a conference table in a small conference room, each with an open laptop into which they were looking and typing.
    Open position needed to be filled quickly so they were probably going to make a decision and hire that person (contractor). One question from each person.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview

phone screen, phone interview, onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave them a number and they countered with $3k less

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2008.

Interview

Hard to get in with a web submission. Was called in after 8 months of having my resume in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stick to what you beleive you are worth