UnitedHealth Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out application. Was given invitation for online recording of about 5 questions. Then given an interview, lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewer did not seem like he wanted to be there and asked questions in a very obscure manner. The technology they used for the interview was annoying because I could hear the echo of my response from his computer - was very off putting and distracting. Was helpful in answering my questions about the company though.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to describe something to someone with little to no experience of the topic?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One on campus, one Skype. They were not very good at offering answers to my questions. They more just sold me on the company. This was a put off from the company because they didn't let me determine for myself if they were right for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a software engineering internship through my school's job board. Got the on campus interview and it was very laid back. It didn't really feel like an interview as it did a genuine conversation with the recruiter. Looking forward to the onsite interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick. Responded within a week for a phone screen. A week later I had my on site. The process was interesting. I learned a lot about the company. Review character strengths and the programming language they are hiring for and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• The screen asked about things I have done and am proud of. The interview asked basic java knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, strictly behavioral, very nice interviewer. Sat down 1:1 in our campus career center, and had a basic behavioral interview asking questions on personal strengths and what role you play in a group setting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online website and got asked to complete a pre-recorded video interview, which I assume is their initial screening. I was then asked to go on campus and had 2 in person interviews. Everyone there was very nice and friendly and treated the candidates very well. Overall, the process was smooth and reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through college careers website. Received an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview was easy and focused more on my academic work and my previous internship. Having a high GPA will help. After that I received an invitation for an on site interview. It was a group interview, they invited many students at the same time. Everyone was taken to a room to meet the interviewers. This day also includes a tour, lunch and a presentation about the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After talking to a representative at my university's career fair, I applied online and interviewed on campus with 2 full-timers. The interview was mostly behavioral and they asked a lot about my past experiences and my decision-making. Next, I was invited to participate in an on site interview, which started with a company presentation, followed by 2 interviews each with 1 full-timer.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

So you basically go to their office for the entire day. You have 2 interviews, a panel, and a lunch with the staff members over there.Everyone was very friendly. The interviews were mostly behavioral questions. So just be yourself in the interviews and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working in a group and some member was not putting in an equal amount of effort   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I met Optum through a career fair at my university. I interviewed on campus a few weeks later and then at a hotel in Boston (The boston office wasn't set up yet). Typical Interview questions and resume review.