UnitedHealth Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out application. Was given invitation for online recording of about 5 questions. Then given an interview, lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewer did not seem like he wanted to be there and asked questions in a very obscure manner. The technology they used for the interview was annoying because I could hear the echo of my response from his computer - was very off putting and distracting. Was helpful in answering my questions about the company though.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to describe something to someone with little to no experience of the topic?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a software engineering internship through my school's job board. Got the on campus interview and it was very laid back. It didn't really feel like an interview as it did a genuine conversation with the recruiter. Looking forward to the onsite interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, strictly behavioral, very nice interviewer. Sat down 1:1 in our campus career center, and had a basic behavioral interview asking questions on personal strengths and what role you play in a group setting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a video interview where you are recorded for 3 minutes per question and there are approximately 10 questions. The computer is interviewing you, not a person, so it is a little nerve-racking watching yourself speak on the computer screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you demonstrated your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Rochester, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was then contacted to set up a video interview. The video interview was strange. Questions appeared on screen and I was given time to read each question before recording my response.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was a little bland, but you can easily use that to your advantage. I like United Health Group. Though the first interview was a bit dull, afterwords, someone called me and said they wanted to talk about my opportunities. We talked pretty casually and he taught me a lot about the internship position and gave me a lot of information on the company over all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviews were arranged through the career center at school. 3 other students besides myself were interviewed by 2 different persons. The interviewers were very professional and knowledgeable about the company. I didn't get the internship but the interview itself was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my senior project. She asked me elaborate details and why i used SQL for my database instead of Access.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position of intern and went through the interview process fine. I was tested on my language skills (Chinese) and also the reason why I was applying for the internship and what I wanted to get out of it. In addition, the interviewer really tried to make the process as comfortable as possible, so it was definitely nice that the company did do that. But other than that, it was a good interview, not necessarily an excellent one.

Interview Questions

• The language test was actually unexpected but it turned out fine. Just be aware that you could be tested on your language.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First the usual, they took a ppt and introduced themselves and the company to all of us. This lasted for around 30 min and shortly after the process began.

The first round was an aptitude round with a time limit of 45 min and 30 multiple choice questions in total. The questions in the start were independent and like the ones available on indiabix but the later ones were in paragraph of two to three questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.(easy) Related to file input and writing back into it.
      2.(easy) an array with number were given and another array with same length contained the indexes of corresponding elements in the previous array. We had to rearrange the elements in the first array according to the their indexes given in the second array with min. Space possible.
      3.(moderate) timings of a bus departure and arrival were given for a particular bus depot and the min no. Of bus stands required had to be computed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewers are nice and the overall interview process is well organized. Interviews consist of basic questions about resume and some behavioral questions. No technical or hard questions asked. Went to lunch with some employees after interview and they are very easy to talk to. But didnt have reply after two weeks, which is kinda bad.