UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

933 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I had a video interview with 5 backgrounds that were three minutes each. It was kind of weird because there isn't an actual person interviewing you, and you're just there watching yourself talk. The questions were mostly behavioral though

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to learn a new technology to finish a project. What technology did you choose? Why did you choose it, and how did you know it worked?   Answer Question

Patient Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initial phone- recruiter; phone -manager, Basically checking if you are fine with doing things the Optum way (keeping hospital admissions as low as possible even if the participant needs it). Very “bottom line” oriented sensed from management rather than patient and employee oriented. Felt I would not be moving forward in process based on tone of conversation as it related to life and death.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Medical Report Specialist Interview

Interview

After applying I receive an email response detailing the salary range, $16-$20/hr. I indicate my interest and proceed to schedule a phone interview on a given date. The interviewer did not call on the agreed upon time. I email the scheduler, who is apologetic and takes responsibility, then asks me to reschedule a 2nd scheduled phone interview on a different day. Same thing happens again. Interviewer doesn't call, again. I call the scheduler, leave a message, send an email with no response what so ever. I then email the interviewer who was suppose to call, she claims she was given conflicting info from the scheduler. The next morning, the interviewer calls me, out of the blue to tell me that because I don't have a degree in biology I cannot be considered.. Really?? At $20/hr.. This was the worse interview process I NEVER had...

Associate Bus Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Internal applicant. Had an interview with the hiring manager, coworker, & a third person that called in from out of state. Was kept in limbo, even emailed & inquired about status to the recruiter. No response. Received a form rejection email several weeks later

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied to many internal job openings over a long timeframe with no luck. Applied to various roles in various divisions, but was passed over at times for external hires or that I worked in an unpopular business line which made it difficult to move across divisions.

Interview Questions

• Asked your typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2017.

Interview

I submitted a video and then had a phone interview. Was told my information was being passed on to hiring manager and I should hear back soon. I haven't heard anything and tomorrow will be two weeks. Anyone else have this experience?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online then maybe 2 weeks later was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was behavioral questions. Recruiter made it easy so I was less nervous . After the interview I was told that she will give the hiring manager my answers for review and if selected I would be scheduled for a face to face interview so allow up to 2 weeks. I was emailed 3 days later by a different recruiter who scheduled a face to face interview . I will update after I get through the next process wish me luck !!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to be critical and accurate describe the steps that was taken   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very intense interviews with many technical questions. They know what they are looking for and if you don’t fit, you won’t get in. Some interviews were very uncomfortable with little to no eye contact. Very cluttered office as well.

Chinese Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2017.

Interview

They had about 3 recruiters called me or emailed me, asking me details about your past jobs and why do you want to work with someone instead them. Then they will tell you maybe the Managers will possibly or mostly contact you, and when the manager scheduled you, she will ask you in detail about your work history, not what you can do or experience. If she thinks you are not coming up with the answer she likes to hear, you can come for the circus of interviews but you will be out for sure, since you are just join the circus of interviw nothing but an interview which won't get you the job. don't waste your time to go on those interviews, I wouldn't choose to work with this most weirdest company ever. If you are the match I think you are from the circus. If they really pick the best you can sense in comparing to Fidelis cst serv they have the best but not the unitedheal their custom serv is the worst. Sadly they had picked the worst for working I told myself ever come back for their customer service if I were you that was the experience way before i had stepped into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about your co-worker? What do you expect the company will be like?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

HR send and email asking to appear for a video interview with a software called Hirevue. It was NOT a real time interview but only capturing responses to three displayed questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain one important project that you handled in the past.
      How you handled a difficult situation at work.
      Explain a success story from one of your projects   1 Answer