UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The steps for each position has been the same so far. Which are:

Applied to a position.
    Scheduled an appointment with the recruiter.
    Scheduled an appointment with the hiring manager. This step usually involved talking to two people.

Product Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very dissatisfied:
    I thought everything went well and I did well at the interview. No one even bothered to email me or phone me even if I followed up. And the job was closed after 2 months of me being interviewed. Atleast email and tell the person that you are not being considered. How can i ever apply again :(

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The initial interview was a video interview. The interview including set-up and practice time was about 1 hour. Be sure to watch the videos online about video set up. Lighting is important! This was my first experience with a video interview. It was nerve racking until you get used to answering to the computer. You have the chance to practice without recording but these are not the interview questions. The interview shows the question gives you 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. There are no retakes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this position to apply to?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a complex project you completed and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very disorganized I was told I didn't need to do the interview because I was already in the training class that started the month before lol I wouldn't apply if I was already hired

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be honest with a customer   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The first interview at career fair and second interview was an office visit. Very nice people. Career fair interview was reviewing my resume and the office visit interview was more behavioral.

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2017.

Interview

Large group setting focusing on company values. Individual interviews focused more on personality traits and accomplishments. Extremely competitive in the sense of making yourself stand out both academically​ and personality wise.

Interview Questions

• what was one of your most difficult experiences and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbia, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

video interview, recruiter phone interview, in person with hiring manager and associate director. Getting hiring manager to email or respond back is very difficult. I think my age did me in, looking for younger employees. "too much experience"

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, no technical questions or experience questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application. I continually checked on the status and on April 17 it showed my application was being reviewed. That same day I received an email about setting up a phone interview. I took the phone interview on April 20 and am currently waiting for the scheduling of my in person interview. Very excited to be an employee for this company!

Senior Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a video interview a week later. The video interview was a little impersonal in my opinion. It was quite silly since I was talking to a computer screen and no one was on the other end. Another week went by and I was contacted by a recruiter to learn more about my background via a phone interview. A few weeks later I was contacted for an in person interview. A week later I had a phone interview with the team members. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that the job was no longer available due to a 'reassessment of the business'. So, basically I wasted over 6 weeks interviewing for a company that should had reassessed their business needs a long time ago before posting the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult internal customer. How did you overcome this obstacle?   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I had a video Interview. You are shown the question, then 30 seconds to prepare for it and then 5 minutes to respond. Five questions total. There are no redo / rerecords