UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017
2,477 Interview Reviews

2.7

2,477 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   5 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Two panel interviews, with different team members with various functions and levels (around 5 interviewers in each). Both rounds of interviews were fairly informal discussions with a few standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unexpected problem you had at work, school or in any other environment, and how you tackled it.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I had a video interview with 5 backgrounds that were three minutes each. It was kind of weird because there isn't an actual person interviewing you, and you're just there watching yourself talk. The questions were mostly behavioral though

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to learn a new technology to finish a project. What technology did you choose? Why did you choose it, and how did you know it worked?   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online for CPhT call center job for OptumRx in Sugar Land, TX. Application required Rx based competency test on data entry, correct dose calculations, drug look-a-like/generic & sig codes. Recruiter called me 40 mins after I submitted the application to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interviewer explained salary & schedule expectations verified I could commit to the hours and then focused on behavioral questions (40 minutes). THIS is the chance to talk about money NOT at the in-person interview. Recruiter said she’d forward a recommendation to the Hiring Managers for face-to-face interview.
    In person interview with two people in conference room. It wasn't an intimidating vibe, instead, it was conversational; focused on what the culture was like, training & how your placed in an area in production based on how you do in training; they also explored opportunities for growth, enthusiasm for prospective candidates. They were honest about the heavy workload & stress the job would entail. Tardiness will NOT be tolerated. If you're a late person move along on your job search. LOTS of behavioral questions. Many opportunities to talk about my skill set & experience. Data entry focused, KPI & performance metrics were emphasized. Interacting with frustrated (heated) customers is to be expected, you need to be able to be compassionate & deescalate. (40 - 45 minutes, business professional dress)
     I was offered the job the next day, then consent to full background check, including past employment and education verification as well as drug testing at a diagnostics site local to me. Four days from start of application, phone interview and face to face and job offer.
    *TIPS*Be prepared! Use your resources to KNOW THE COMPANY-- the email they send with company info, UHG Careers on YouTube has many company culture and position specific video I used and incorporated in my responses. Prepare you behavioral question responses- the event that happened, your response and the outcome! Be calm, confident, humble, honest, and ASK QUESTIONS! I left the interview feeling like if I commit to them they will invest in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what motivated you to apply with UnitedHealth Group   Answer Question
    • What's your weakness and how do you over come it   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you dealt with a particularly frustrated customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question
    • Tell about a situation where you've had to or knew a co-worker to consider compromising honesty or integrity on the job   Answer Question
    • How often was your performance evaluated on your previous job? How do you respond to criticism or coaching?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything going on in your life that would prevent you from being to work on time or cause you to call in?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when there is "nothing to do"   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with tension in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you commit to overtime and an occasional Saturday shift?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work in a team or independtly   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks later, i was sent a link to the digital (hirevue) interview. Was invited a week later for an on-site interview with two senior directors. Pretty easy interview, mostly testing my knowledge of the PBM industry. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was an online application process followed by a telephone interview. online testing was set up followed by another telephone interview. A face to face interview was set up and conducted and I was emailed my job offer from HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

They invited me to a day long event at their campus in NJ. They also pay for hotel/travel. A lot of presentations, interviews, and one on ones throughout the day, as well as tours of the facility. There were about 25 other candidates there as well so it was a large group. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After you apply to the position and certain qualifications are met, the recruiter will most of the time call you within 2-3 weeks later. Sometimes UHG recruiters can be inconsistent. They may never followup with you.

Interview Questions

• Over the telephone, the recruiter will ask a couple of behavioral questions and about your work background. Towards the end of the call they will set up a face to face with a supervisor.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Fill out their application online or meet with someone at a career fair. Video Interview with six questions followed by an in-person interview round. 2, 1 on 1 interviews followed with a panel questionnaire with current workers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your background, including work experience. Why do you want to work for United?   Answer Question

Patient Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initial phone- recruiter; phone -manager, Basically checking if you are fine with doing things the Optum way (keeping hospital admissions as low as possible even if the participant needs it). Very “bottom line” oriented sensed from management rather than patient and employee oriented. Felt I would not be moving forward in process based on tone of conversation as it related to life and death.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question