UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
2,250 Interview Reviews

2.7

2,250 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Asking behavioral based questions. These are questions about situations that include where you were employed, what the situation was, how you handlers it, what you did to get there and the outcome. Pretty standard. Then a few personality questions and a couple things off of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that made you question your fairness or ethics.   2 Answers

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was very simple and did through a hirevue webcam.. Basically interview was done by webcam in which potential employees were asked 5-6 basic simple questions.. No in person interview just all online with webcam and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced a irate customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process took 2 weeks exactly. Phone interview and the following day scheduled for face to face. 3 days later got a call from talent acquisition offering position contingent on background and drug test. 5 days later got the ok to start on promised date as everything cleared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to help a fellow coworker with an issue because they just didn't understand? How did you help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The steps for each position has been the same so far. Which are:

Applied to a position.
    Scheduled an appointment with the recruiter.
    Scheduled an appointment with the hiring manager. This step usually involved talking to two people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied for the Customer Care Data Entry position. Received a call mid March from a recruiter about a Customer Service position, and was told the job is the same as the data entry position . Answered a few questions about my work history. Completed a one-way video interview, and after received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      2. How do you handle stressful encounters.
      Answer Question

Applications DEVPR I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

1. Aptitude
    2. Problem solving
    3. Group Discussion
    4. Discussion on the solution given in step 2
    5. HR

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The initial interview was a video interview. The interview including set-up and practice time was about 1 hour. Be sure to watch the videos online about video set up. Lighting is important! This was my first experience with a video interview. It was nerve racking until you get used to answering to the computer. You have the chance to practice without recording but these are not the interview questions. The interview shows the question gives you 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. There are no retakes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this position to apply to?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a complex project you completed and the outcome.   Answer Question

Product Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very dissatisfied:
    I thought everything went well and I did well at the interview. No one even bothered to email me or phone me even if I followed up. And the job was closed after 2 months of me being interviewed. Atleast email and tell the person that you are not being considered. How can i ever apply again :(

Consulting Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process. Quick turnaround time and standard industry questions. 1 preliminary phone screen, followed by a detailed Phone interview and a final interview with the Hiring Manager/Director of Agile Transformation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where your team is not able to deliver and what would you do as a Scrum Master in that situation?   Answer Question