UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins then in person in person interview lasted 30 mins. Some behavioral questions and about your dependability and loyalty. It is a fast process and easy interview. Training will be 16 weeks with 100% attendance yikes lol...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be truthful to a customer   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Completed two phone interviews for telecommute position. Standard interview questions. Past work experience, behavioral situations, etc. Hiring manager was pleasant and very informative of the position. Still pending a response, hopeful to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you helped make a customer happy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within a few weeks I received a call to set up an initial phone interview/screening. The phone interview was conducted within a few days. The interviewer went over my employment history in detail, reviewing dates, duties and reasons for leaving. I was then asked three behavior based questions (STAR method). At the end of the session I was moved forward in the process and scheduled for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two Claims Processing Supervisors. The interview style was very laid back and the interviewers were friendly; they conducted the interview in a bit more conversational style. The interview consisted of a brief review of the hours, manner of work and overtime requirements. The interviewer then asked 2 STAR based questions (she stated they were predetermined and the same for all interviewee's for this position) and closed the interview. She then asked if I had any questions about UHG. I stated I hadn't any at the time. She asked the question again. I think this was an indication that they wanted me to have questions about UHG. In hindsight, I would have asked something about the company, even something I already knew - there is wealth of information on their website and other websites, so I truly had no questions at that point. The interview was very brief, the expectation was set at 60 minutes, the process was complete within 20 minutes. The interview was just a day ago; I have not been updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of name a specific time you had to work under pressure, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Wausau, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

They make you do a phone interview first asking a lot of behavioral questions and if they find you to be a good fit they will schedule an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

Interview

I had applied through Indeed.com and I got a call asking for basics like the where the office is, what is expected out of the job, how many weeks training etc. At the end of the call I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview went quite well. She seemed to be quite impressed but don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview questions. Basically behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • How good was I with the software knowledge I mentioned in my resume (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Wordpress)? I was asked to rate my knowledge in any of the 3 categories i.e. Expert, Intermediate or Beginner   Answer Question
    • What qualities or attributes from your past experiences can you apply to this current position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed over the phone with a manager. The company had just received a new contract and was looking to hire a lot of people. Therefore the interview process was really basic questions.

Interview Questions

• It was an behavioral interview but I honestly don't remember the exact interview questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online and received the assessment by email. Weeks went by and I got an email to do a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was laid by and the conversation went well. I was then invited to do an interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

After having several interviews with several rude companies this process was the easiest and most laid back. Applied online which included easy skills and personality test; watch a video and answer customer service type questions (even though this is an off the phones position). Received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter was very sweet and accommodating to my schedule needs. Phone interview was scheduled for the next week. Received a call from an 800 number; this person had a thick Indian accent but was still fluent in English and was happy to repeat or rephrase a question if i didn't understand her; she was also very nice and explained the process so thoroughly that it took away all my nerves. She asked mostly technical computer questions such as how would you open a new tab and describe 3 software programs you know and how to use them ex word, excel, etc. She asked to name a time it was important for a job task to be accurrate, what was my biggest work achievement, and name an example of a time I volunteered to take on new responsibility. Afterwards she advised me I would be moving on to the hiring manager interview and that I would receive a call from the recruiter to schedule that. After 2 days I called the recruiter and left a voicemail; she then called me back to schedule a hiring manager interview a few days from then. The hiring manager interview was less formal and more conversational. He reviewed my resume and genuinely seemed interested in my experiences. He asked what I knew about the position and only asked two questions which were name a time I was overwhelmed and how I overcame it and what would make me qualified for the position. At the end of the next week I received a call for the offer. I was able to get the highest possible for the position due to education and experience but I dont think negotiation was possible. After accepting I received and email for background check and drug screen which I had 2 days to complete. After passing both I received an email stating I was clear to start. Overall this was a great experience; everyone was professional and friendly and I'm excited to start! Also, each claim rep position is different, some require phone contact some don't so ask which position it's for or do your research

Interview Questions

• Name 3 software programs and how to use them   Answer Question
    • Name a time it was important for a task you had to be accurate   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest work achievement?   Answer Question
    • Name an example of a time you volunteered to take on a new responsibility   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • What about your prior work experience makes you qualified for the position?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were overwhelmed and how you overcame it; personal or professional   Answer Question

Claims Associate Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Breinigsville, PA).

Interview

I applied somewhere in mid November. I got a call to schedule a first phone interview around beginning of November 21 and it was a pleasant experience. The interviewer then said he will schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager, which that was a week later. After the interview with the hiring manager, it took about 2 and half weeks for them to call back with a job offer. I then had to take the drug test, which I was giving 2 days to do. Then I got an e-mail that I'm clear to start. Overall the experience was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews the first one they told me they would hire me but did not realize the team needed someone bilingual. The second interview was not even what I applied for the questions were all psychological and short.