UnitedHealth Group Provider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Provider Service Call Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and corresponding assessments for several positions which matched my profile. Due to the overwhelming about of applicants it took a few weeks for me to hear from them. Once I did, everything started running smoothly. The phone interviewee and I played phone tag a few times trying to schedule a phone interview, but we did, successfully and they are very punctual. The phone interviewers NOT the person who will interview you in person, and they are most likely in another state.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to tell them a bit about yourself and why you are leaving your current job (if applicable) and then they go into the STAR-method interviewing. For the general questions, stick to what's on your resume and sound sure of what you're saying.   1 Answer

Associate Provider Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied.
    Phone Interview with a recruiter.
    I had another phone interview with a hiring manager.
    Another phone interview with another hiring manager.
    Got a phone call the next day telling me that they wanted to offer me the job.

Provider Data Installation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2016.

Interview

This is a work-from-home position, so all communication with HR/manager was via email/telephone. Here is how it went:

11/17/16 - Applied
    12/7/16 - Was contacted by HR about the position. She gave some information and then set me up for a phone screen with her.
    12/8/16 - A different HR rep contacted me because the previous one was busy. She did the phone interview and moved me to the next interview with the manager. There were a few issues with scheduling on her part, so she had to change my time two times.
    12/13/16 - Had phone interview with the manager. He was very nice and gave A LOT of information about the position, which I loved. He said that I would get a decision by end of the day on 12/15/16 or 12/16/16 for sure. The start date of this position is 1/9/17.
    12/16/16 - I received a voicemail from a 3rd HR rep at the end of the day. I called her back within an hour of her leaving me that message & she didn't call back. I went through the entire weekend and called her again in the afternoon on 12/19/16 but had to leave her another voicemail. Her vm didn't say she was out of the office, so I do not understand why she's not returning my call. So, I emailed the 1st HR rep I spoke to on 12/7/16 & she said that she'd let her know I was trying to reach her. She said that she was on her team and wanted to speak to me about the next steps. She ensured me that I'd hear from her "soon". I don't know what "soon" means because now it is 12/20/16 & I still haven't heard a thing. I called her again...received her vm..didn't leave a message.

I am getting concerned because I know that the manager told me he was hiring for 10 positions when the 1st HR rep told me they were hiring for 40. I do not want this position to pass me by just because she isn't calling me back. This situation has put a bad taste in my mouth because I feel it's very unprofessional to contact an applicant and then leave them hanging like this. I am shocked at this honestly.

**Update: I guess after all of my contacts, she finally decided to contact me with an excuse about how behind she was. She offered me the job and then hit me with the biggest bombshell ever: A horribly low starting pay!!! I was so shocked that I ended up hanging up on her. I can't believe it. There is no way I would ever accept something so low. I called her back...received her vm...and left a very detailed message entailing my experience/education and the amount I expected her to come in at. This is a grade 23 position. The amount she offered was at the entry level pay rate...as if I was just out of high school with no experience. If she doesn't call back with something way higher, I will not accept this position and move on. What a total waste of my time!!!!

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied, about a two days letter got a email to take an assessment. Next day got a call to do an interview with a recruiter. Then she said someone would call to do another interview. I had my 2nd interview with 2 supervisors. I think I did okay, u never know with UHC. I was supposed to get a decision within a week, never received anything. I reached out to the recruiter but she never responded. So I guess I didn't get the job. It has been 2 weeks, which is very unprofessional to have someone wait that long, when I was told I would hear back in a week. It is very disappointing because I have been applying for 1 year now. Right when I think I did okay, I hear nothing back, not even a auto reject email. Status still says interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resource by phone for a screening and I was then scheduled for a face to face on site with a supervisor. I only had 1 interview and I was then called back a few days later with the job offer. The interview process was fairly easy and it was an average interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online, took an assessment test, phone interview, then a face to face interview. Waited over an hour to be interviewed. The interviewer ran through the questions as if he was missing his lunch. Went back and forth with recruiter's phone calls. Missed the start of a training class. Had to interview again for the next training class. Got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to own a mistake, what was it and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Aug 25. 16 got a email to take test on Aug 29th, got a call to schedule phone interview on the 31st of Aug, did phone interview on Sept 6th, met with hiring manager on the 7th sept, got a verbal job offer on sept 14th. It's a lengthy process probably because you have to go through alot of steps but I will be starting my training on the 17th Oct.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you were uncomfortable and why in a office or social setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a supervisor and a supervisor trainee. They were both very amicable. He started the interview by telling me about why he decided to work for UHG and how he advanced to become a supervisor. The supervisor in training was a transfer from the Optum side. They explained the position I was interviewing for in detail and asked if I had any questions. I told them about my military background and the various positions I had throughout the years. He asked me to tell him about a time when I dealt with customers or how my military experience prepared me to deal with customers. After the interview he told me when training class would begin and what would be expected of me during that time. He said a hiring manager would contact me in 5 to 7 business days and that I should ask them any further questions I had about the position and let them know if I had anything going on that may interfere with being able to attend training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lady called to schedule phone interview, asked me to pick a time. I picked a time hung up and she called me right back to reschedule the time (30 minute difference) and she ended up picking it...Why bother asking me what time is good....

Interview Questions

• Employment history, why interested in position, usual questions.   1 Answer

PROVIDER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received an assessment with about 3 different sections one call center environment and then 2 behavioral and response questions. after I completed that I had a phone interview scheduled one week out. she asked scenario questions about my computer skills and Microsoft experience and questions on how I close tabs and open them. I was then offered to come in for a in-person interview two days later. the women I interviewed with was very goofy and down to earth. we went over my job experience, did more scenario questions, but overall the in-person interview was way easier and comfortable then the phone interview. I had my in-person on a Friday and got a call back offering the position Monday morning. Then I was sent a link to do the background check and go in for my drug screen a week later everything came back cleared and I'm anticipated to start October 3rd of 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a disagreement?
      Tell Me how you would handle an irate customer?
      Tell me a time you and the coworker did not have a mutual understanding?
      1 Answer