UnitedHealth Group Provider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Provider Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter who asked me about my skills and background and why I applied for the position. The recruiter was very informative. I am waiting for my initial interview now.

Provider Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did assesment test. Received an email later that day to schedule phone interview for following day. Did the phone ineterview and it lasted about 45 minutes. Was given a call later that day to schedule face to face interview the next day. Went to the interview the next day and it went very smoothly. Over a week passes and i received a call saying training class was full but was invited to come in the following day to a job fair event. Went and had two seperate interviews and am currently waiting for a call back so we shall see

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made a mistake at work and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet. Interviewed with two people....one was a little standoffish at first then lightened up. Thought the interview was fair but one of the interviewers made me feel as though I would be over qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you handled conflict in your professional life.   Answer Question

Provider Service Call Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and corresponding assessments for several positions which matched my profile. Due to the overwhelming about of applicants it took a few weeks for me to hear from them. Once I did, everything started running smoothly. The phone interviewee and I played phone tag a few times trying to schedule a phone interview, but we did, successfully and they are very punctual. The phone interviewers NOT the person who will interview you in person, and they are most likely in another state.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to tell them a bit about yourself and why you are leaving your current job (if applicable) and then they go into the STAR-method interviewing. For the general questions, stick to what's on your resume and sound sure of what you're saying.   3 Answers

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Milton, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. More like a screening than an interview. After the phone interview, is the face to face with a hiring manager. She mainly asked the standard, "name a time when (fill in the blank)" kind of questions and wrote my answers down. All in all, the process was typical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/emoloyee. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Provider Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied.
    Phone Interview with a recruiter.
    I had another phone interview with a hiring manager.
    Another phone interview with another hiring manager.
    Got a phone call the next day telling me that they wanted to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2016.

Interview

This is a work-from-home position, so all communication with HR/manager was via email/telephone. Here is how it went:

11/17/16 - Applied
    12/7/16 - Was contacted by HR about the position. She gave some information and then set me up for a phone screen with her.
    12/8/16 - A different HR rep contacted me because the previous one was busy. She did the phone interview and moved me to the next interview with the manager. There were a few issues with scheduling on her part, so she had to change my time two times.
    12/13/16 - Had phone interview with the manager. He was very nice and gave A LOT of information about the position, which I loved. He said that I would get a decision by end of the day on 12/15/16 or 12/16/16 for sure. The start date of this position is 1/9/17.
    12/16/16 - I received a voicemail from a 3rd HR rep at the end of the day. I called her back within an hour of her leaving me that message & she didn't call back. I went through the entire weekend and called her again in the afternoon on 12/19/16 but had to leave her another voicemail. Her vm didn't say she was out of the office, so I do not understand why she's not returning my call. So, I emailed the 1st HR rep I spoke to on 12/7/16 & she said that she'd let her know I was trying to reach her. She said that she was on her team and wanted to speak to me about the next steps. She ensured me that I'd hear from her "soon". I don't know what "soon" means because now it is 12/20/16 & I still haven't heard a thing. I called her again...received her vm..didn't leave a message.

I am getting concerned because I know that the manager told me he was hiring for 10 positions when the 1st HR rep told me they were hiring for 40. I do not want this position to pass me by just because she isn't calling me back. This situation has put a bad taste in my mouth because I feel it's very unprofessional to contact an applicant and then leave them hanging like this. I am shocked at this honestly.

**Update: I guess after all of my contacts, she finally decided to contact me with an excuse about how behind she was. She offered me the job and then hit me with the biggest bombshell ever: A horribly low starting pay!!! I was so shocked that I ended up hanging up on her. I can't believe it. There is no way I would ever accept something so low. I called her back...received her vm...and left a very detailed message entailing my experience/education and the amount I expected her to come in at. This is a grade 23 position. The amount she offered was at the entry level pay rate...as if I was just out of high school with no experience. If she doesn't call back with something way higher, I will not accept this position and move on. What a total waste of my time!!!!

PROVIDER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Clearwater, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had been applying for this position for a while. I exceed all the reqs and passed the tests. The outsourced HR company United uses is totally incomptent. I decided to skirt the HR company and went to a job fair for the position at the end of November. I got an immediate face to face interview. The recruiter scheduled me as for a final, in person interview. I went to the final interview, things went really well and they wanted to hire me. When I called to check the status, the HR company argued with me that I never had the interview. A supervisor came on and told me I never had an interview again. She then hung up on me. I found out over a month later that the managers wanted to hire me. The HR company makes the hiring process extremely stressful and prolongs the whole process for weeks to months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under extreme pressure and had multiple things at once needing your attention.   Answer Question

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied, about a two days letter got a email to take an assessment. Next day got a call to do an interview with a recruiter. Then she said someone would call to do another interview. I had my 2nd interview with 2 supervisors. I think I did okay, u never know with UHC. I was supposed to get a decision within a week, never received anything. I reached out to the recruiter but she never responded. So I guess I didn't get the job. It has been 2 weeks, which is very unprofessional to have someone wait that long, when I was told I would hear back in a week. It is very disappointing because I have been applying for 1 year now. Right when I think I did okay, I hear nothing back, not even a auto reject email. Status still says interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resource by phone for a screening and I was then scheduled for a face to face on site with a supervisor. I only had 1 interview and I was then called back a few days later with the job offer. The interview process was fairly easy and it was an average interview.