UnitedHealth Group Provider Phone Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Provider Phone Representative Interview Questions

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resource by phone for a screening and I was then scheduled for a face to face on site with a supervisor. I only had 1 interview and I was then called back a few days later with the job offer. The interview process was fairly easy and it was an average interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied. I received an email and took online test. Received a call from a recruiter and did a phone interview. offered interview with hiring manager. I was hired and started a few weeks later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2015.

Interview

Apply, take online tests, phone interview, in person interview. Make sure you pass the online tests or you won't get a call back. Have examples ready for your interview answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked normal open ended interview questions, make sure you give examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating involved.

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

First you conduct a phone interview usually with an offshore person . Next you have an interview with 2 supervisors at the location in Oldsmar . They asked about 5 questions gen explained the job . Next, they call with an offer and then you have to wait for your background check and go do a drug test . The background check is not extensive as there are plenty of people who work there with arrests in their pasts .

Interview Questions

• They asked what you have done to solve a problem past at a job under pressure .
      They asked what you have done in a social situation where you disagreed with something .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL).

Interview

Absolutely Grueling

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Run in the other direction as fast as you can, UnitedHealth is not who they profess to be. They are just a big false façade.

Provider Phone Representative Interview

Interview

In a matter of seconds after completing the provider phone representative assessment test for the 2nd time in two years I received an email stating "Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider you for this position at this time. Although your skills and qualifications are impressive, we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely fit the specifications of the position." The first time I took the test was at the Oldsmar, FL location and I was not sure of my answers. This time I took the test online and know that I answered the questions very well. I took extra time to make sure I was ready for the test. I think that the explanation I received within seconds of completing the test is their way of dumping you as an overqualified applicant for the job. I have years of customer service and phone experience.

Interview Questions

• The 2nd phase of the exam. You have to answer 20 question with in 10 minutes. Each question has complicated instructions and at least 5 multiple choices for answers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Frederick, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got an email asking to schedule an on site assessment. That assessment was really easy, just sample calls and selecting the best response. I got my phone interview scheduled that same day. The phone interview lasts about 45mins to an hour. They ask the typical scenario questions from past jobs. It took about 2 days after that to get a call to schedule a face to face interview. They tell you that it will last 45mins to an hour and I was only there about 20 mins. Same kind of questions as the phone interview. The hiring manager was really nice. She says someone will contact in about a week or two, it was really only 2-3 days that I got a call from a Texas number saying they were offering me the job contingent on passing the drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Explain a type that you witnessed a customer displaying questionable morals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with a manager and a supervisor

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where u had to make a difficult decision and the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The process began with an interactive online skills test. This tested your ability to interpret information and provide answers to customers based on generic account information. After that there was a quick interview with an HR rep followed by a panel interview with management members.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected. General questions about job expectations, work ethics, previous experience with call centers and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Given my lengthy experience I was offered the maximum beginning pay the department would allow.

Provider Phone Representative - Oldsmar, FL, 510303 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied on the UHC career site online. I received a response about three weeks later asking me to complete the application process. I had to do it three times due to a UHC website error. Finally I was able to schedule an appointment for an "In-house" assessment. I arrived ten minutes early. Was greeted by HR ten minutes late and taken back to the testing room where I completed an hour long aptitude test. I was given basic instructions. The program took a little getting used to, other than never using the software before I felt I did very well. When the test was completed I was told they didn't have the results and wouldn't for twentyfour hours. They would be in touch within a couple days. When I got home I had an email from UHC stating they were moving forward with other candidates. Somewhat annoyed that I had been lied to I tried to call my contact at HR who also encouraged me to call him if I had any further questions. Impossible! I ended up speaking with someone from Minnesota. Who said he had could access my results immediately. He said I failed and would not give me any further information. I requested a copy of the assesment. He refused. I get the impression they were looking for a certain quota to fill and I didn't fit the bill. It was very discouraging.