UnitedHealth Group Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application right before Thanksgiving, the next day I was sent 2 assessments to take. The following day a recruiter called me to set a date for an interview . In less than a week I went from submitting of the application to my interview with a recruiter. That is pretty quick turn around compared to other interviews over the years.

She explained the job, training, and schedule and pay.

She then went over my resume, asked me 3 behavioral questions, and summed it up by asking if I had any questions.

She was very nice and thorough and to the point on the phone.

I am now waiting to hear back from them, ahe said 24-48 hours I should get a call / email.

I reallu felt over prepared for this interview after spending a couple days researching UHG and considering other questions I thought she wouod have asked

It was a good overall experience and I hope to hear good news

Interview Questions

• Describe a time i had to deal with a customer who was mad   1 Answer
    • How I pay attention to detail   1 Answer
    • How i dealt with change at a job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Very good, I interviewed over the phone with a recruiter at the last minute who was very nice. She gave me the time to be at the training which had to be set back a day.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online right after my cousin didn't get hired . We are similar but different people and he told me he thinks I would be better suit for the job . I applied . Completed assessment . Was sent another one to complete then I was called to set interview .
    I met very nice women at my interview . They were very pleased with the growth of the company and very excited to work here . Made me feel welcome .

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking with the elderly population ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have a degree so they are willing to negotiate higher pay .

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially, I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview with another recruiter. After passing that interview the recruiter then passed my information on to one of the managers. The manager called me about 2-3 days later for 2nd phone interview. I received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position, got a call a week later to come in for an in-person interview. I would say the questions asked were very basic interview questions based on personal experiences from your employment. Think of good examples you have had dealing with customers. A week after that I got a call from HR offering me a position and the hourly pay and benefits. I am still waiting on my background check and am awaiting an email to complete my drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had to complete and how did you deal with meeting the deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected it to be so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hooksett, NH) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied as an external applicant. The application was online and included both a standard personnel application and a "role playing" application. There was then a standard HR/recruiter interview (30-45 minutes), followed by an in-person interview with two "team leaders" (direct supervisors). The process as a whole took approximately a month from application to offer.

Interview Questions

• Role-Play: Pretend you are taking an order at Dunkin' Donuts with a follow up question denying your suggestion and seeing how you think on the fly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Took an assessment early May for a position I applied for late April (Provider Phone Representative). Rejected before I was even out of the building via e-mail, but the recruiter was still having me sign paperwork and pretending I was going to be contacted during this time. Applied for another position (senior CSR) mid August and went onsite for the assessment again; didn't have to take it this time because it was the same test. This time, the recruiter said my results were "fine" (same exact results) and set me up with a phone interview. Interviewer called 2 minutes early. The interview lasted 30 minutes and the interviewer went through every job listed on my resume in depth and asked me to describe them all in detail. He also asked some behavioral questions. Two days later I was contacted by the recruiter again and asked to come in for a face to face interview with the supervisor. They went over some of the resume but the in person interview is more gauging who you are as a person. Some behavioral questions were asked there, too, and they encourage you to answer in different ways from the phone interview, even though the questions may be similar. Supervisor was very professional and friendly. Four days later I received a call with an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake that you feel could have been avoided by further analysis of the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Duluth, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

First you take a computer test at home, then you take one in office. Then, if you pass the in-office computer test you are moved to a phone interview with a recruiter who most likely does not know the job and is out of state. Once you pass that interview you will be granted an in-person interview with a local supervisor/manager. At that point you will wait anywhere from one day to two weeks to find out if you have been hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions in the interview- they employ the "behavioral interview" technique, meaning that they ask you how you would handle/have handled certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

I was a temp who was hired without a real interview. The interviewer only sat down and signed off on everything. I was pregnant at the time and he asked if I would be returning after I gave birth. The process was not like any interview I had gone one before.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to oklahoma   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hooksett, NH) in January 2010.

Interview

First an online assessment, next an onsite assessment, next a phone interview if you qualify. Not sure what comes after that.

Phone interview asks tough behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you took responsibility for someone else's error.   Answer Question