UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,198 Interview Reviews

2.7

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

ON 12/22/2016, i received an email from Jhon Isles, who is the Talent Acquisition Specialist at UHG with a link to apply and submit to the Life Sciences project analyst position. On 01/13/2017, i recieved an email from Pallavi Saxena, who is the Recruiter II, saying that she had come across my application for the LIfe Sciences project analyst role, and we scheduled for a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• On january 24th, i had a phone screen with Pallavi Saxena, she called me 15 minutes late from the agreed upon time, she asked me about how many years of experience i had, she then asked me about my previous experience, and told me she would schedule for another interview, where they expected me to be more enthusiastic about the role. On 2/24/2017, i found a voice message on my phone from Angelica Almoete, who is from recruitment services. she wanted to schedule another phone interview, with me however she did not leave a call back number or email. so i had to call in and explain my voice mail, and she go back to me with an interview date, of 02/27/2017, with the Hiring manager, Tom Logan. Tom Logan asked me to
      1) talk about myself, he asked me
      2) why i wanted the project analyst role, and he asked
      3) what were my hobbies and
      4) what challenge have i ever faced in my previous roles.
      1 Answer

Claims Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2016.

Interview

There is a online assessment, over the phone interview and lastly face-to-face interview. I was offered a back up position. If someone decided not to take the offer at the last minute I was the back up but unfortunately for me everyone took the offer. It was a bad experience I felt devastated.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Digital interview, then HR interview, then admin interview, then team interview, then in-person team interview....very lengthy and very exhausting. I'm hoping it's all worth it but the reviews of the company are very daunting to say the least. Overall, they are attentive throughout the process, but after I accepted, it seems as though I cannot get a hold of them to clarify benefits issues. I hope this is not a premise to what lies ahead. They do give you a good offer, but it seems like there are many areas where I'm concerned. Their benefits for insurance has had many terrible reviews. I realize people only write when their mad but this still concerns me. I'm trusting that my brief interactions with staff indicate a professional environment and the interview process seems to be very technical leading me to see that they are very computer savvy and data driven which doesn't bother me but overall the transition from something old and familiar to something new is a bit nerve wracking.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the following day received an invitation for a video interview.

The video interview can be awkward if you have not done before, and not every company handles this format the same. Some will ask for written responses to questions, some do not set a time limit for preparation, etc. For this particular interview, you have a question that pops up on the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. You only have one opportunity to record each response, so be sure to keep that in mind.

I had issues halfway through my video interview with the connection to the software, and was booted out. Since I wasn't able to look back at my responses and see where the glitch happened, or re-record that response, along with the pressure that I was feeling with the time limits, I decided that it would be best to withdraw my application.

All in all, video interviews have their pros and cons. They can be beneficial for recruiters to sift through the volumes of applications/resumes more efficiently. However, they can also be perceived as cold and distant, since it's just you and the computer, and lacks 2-way dialogue with a live person.

Interview Questions

• General questions on how your experience ties into this role, project management experience, etc.   Answer Question

Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Warwick, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

It is a diligent process. I had 3 phone interviews, 1 video taped interview and 2 in person interviews. I had hoped the video interview would really be a Skype interview but it was not. When I passed the first telephone interview I was contacted, sent an app to download and given time frames during which I could set up to video. There was a process allowing practice time but the video interview was not real time. It was a pretaped video of a person asking me questions, for which I had a specific period of time to answer.

Interview Questions

• Please identify and explain a challenging project and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Harlingen, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview conducted by a foreigner who spoke very rapidly and broken English, it was hard to understand her questions. I believe she was from the Phlippenes. It was an unfair interview speaking with someone overseas.

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied, about a two days letter got a email to take an assessment. Next day got a call to do an interview with a recruiter. Then she said someone would call to do another interview. I had my 2nd interview with 2 supervisors. I think I did okay, u never know with UHC. I was supposed to get a decision within a week, never received anything. I reached out to the recruiter but she never responded. So I guess I didn't get the job. It has been 2 weeks, which is very unprofessional to have someone wait that long, when I was told I would hear back in a week. It is very disappointing because I have been applying for 1 year now. Right when I think I did okay, I hear nothing back, not even a auto reject email. Status still says interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, she was 15 minutes late in calling. I found her to me impolite. I don't know if this was a tactic to see how I handle rude customers, but it took me by surprise, as this has never happened in an interview before. The questions didn't seem to be about acustomer service, as would be usual for this kind of job. Her first question to me was to ask why my resume had listed 3 different job titles with the same company that I had a 20 year history with, instead of putting them all together. I answered that I had gained different experiences from each title.

Interview Questions

• How would you open a new window in a search engine so that you can view it simultaneously with a window that is already open?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recuriter to apply. I applied and was sent a link for a recorded interview. What the heck is that? I'm an IT professional, not a country singer. I found the whole process extremely unprofessional. Not sure how they think having candidates audition will help them find the best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Basic strength and weaknesses questions   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

video interview - read the question, look at yourself and respond to yourself. No human intervention.
    Haven't heard any feedback after 2 weeks. How ridiculous is it to look at yourself and talk about yourself? This might be beneficial for sales people, but for technical people?