UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,402 Interview Reviews

2.7

Technology De Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Ames, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

This was not a hard process it only took an interview or two. If you get the third interview on site you're basically guaranteed the job. Make sure to talk about their core values they love that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very extended length questions related to your personalty and job. Its been few years, can't remember anything now. I have not given any interview in few years, so can't really help with this.

Interview Questions

• its been few years now. its hard to remember all the questions i was asked at time of interview.   1 Answer

Senior Rating Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Green Bay, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR very general overview and questions about my experience. 2nd phone interview with hiring manager more personal and informational. 3rd interview in person. Met with hiring manager and had separate in with team members and 3 people outside of team but in department. Appreciated allowing me to really get a feel for the work environment and people. Overall a very positive experience although they hired internally.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the behavioral questions and wanted specific examples.   Answer Question

Communications - Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair who handed off my resume to the appropriate recruiter (pertaining to a position I had already applied for). I received a poorly typed email with instructions to call and set up the interview. I called the number repeatedly and when I finally got through (after a few days) the guy asked if we could just do the interview then. He sounded like he was on a cell phone and the reception was awful. To be honest, it was a completely different experience than my conversation with the recruiter (in-person), who was informed and professional. In any case, he went through some basic screening questions, then went through my resume and asked me if all the information was correct, and said he would recommend me to the hiring manager. I got an email about a week later saying they went with another candidate (apparently automated).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the health care industry?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process consisted of a written test, technical round and HR round.

The written test comprised of aptitude, verbal, logical reasoning and programming.

In the TR, they asked very simple programs.

The HR gave importance to looks. Beauty is what mattered to them!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The first round was a pen and paper based round. 30 aptitude and reasoning questions to be solved in 45 minutes. The level of questions varied from medium to difficult. Don't attempt all questions , there is negative marking too.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically from mathematics and all computer Science subjects.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2017.

Interview

Direct interview after resume selection. Very bad attitude and culture of the company officials. They had already selected the students and were only interested in 1 department but wasted the time of many students.

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Westerville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical for a large company. Specific questions were asked about past experience and employment history. There were specific behavioral interview questions that needed to be answered.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer in a call center environment?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First thing first, do not go for interview if you really value your time. Most of the time I was sitting and waiting for the interview rounds to happen.

First stage was a written coding round, to remove duplicates from an array (in an efficient manner). There was no time constraint, I think I took 15 minutes or so.

After 30-40 minutes I was informed that I have cleared the round and after 1 hour I was asked for next round.

Not a quality interview I must say, it seems the guy was too exhausted to look at your solution, more of 'why not this way'. I didn't see any point in arguing. cleared that round, it hardly took 20 minutes.

Then after half an hour another round of interview, It most relied on my last project and what I have done, frankly speaking I felt it was hard to get my point across even in simple stuff. Then few questions, some were decent, some were more of trickery type.

I was informed after 10 minutes that I have not cleared that round. fair enough.

My biggest regret is that for hardly 1 and half hour of interview I had to wait good 3 and half hour.

Interview Questions

• remove duplicates from an array   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was shortlisted from Naukri. The interview process took a day as was not managed properly. They called more than 100 candidates for interview due to which everyone's technical interview was done after 5 to 6 hours. They had called people from testing/ java and medical coding profiles. Interview was Good

Interview Questions

• Details about your previous project   1 Answer
    • Framework you have used in testing.   1 Answer