UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,348 Interview Reviews

2.7

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took the online assessments immediately after. This was on a Friday, and first thing the following Monday I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took place that Thursday, which went very well. The following Tuesday, I had an in-person interview.

One interviewer clearly liked me while the other seemed unimpressed, to say the least. I got the typical "we'll call within two weeks." Got a call with an offer 6 days later.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker who seemed to be struggling?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. When I walked in I was politely greeted by the receptionist. I saw the room that my interview was being held in and I saw the woman that had a interview before me walk out of the room. When the interviewer walked back into the room after the woman left she began to talk down about the woman she interviewed to the other woman who was also holding the interviews with her over the phone. The receptionist heard her talking down about the woman also so she tried to start a conversation with me so I wouldn't hear the interviewer talking in the other room but she was so loud over the phone that I still heard her. If this company wants to be professional they need to have a more professional hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as the phone interview.
      -Why UnitedHealth Group?
      -What's your previous work history?   Answer Question

Clinical Appeals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a 10 minute "Phone Screen" for the same day. She called and went over application information, position requirements, and qualifications listed in the job posting.

She let me know the next steps will be to let a hiring manager review my file and schedule a second 1x1 interview. That process should take 1-2 weeks. Its normal for UHG to have a long, drawn out hiring process. Will update when final decisions are made.

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins then in person in person interview lasted 30 mins. Some behavioral questions and about your dependability and loyalty. It is a fast process and easy interview. Training will be 16 weeks with 100% attendance yikes lol...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be truthful to a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Took a while but it pretty simple and basic. You have to do a background check and drug test. The longest part was waiting for an email and phone call after the interview.

Interview Questions

• List of words and asked to choose the 3 most important for a customer service rep.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I was instructed to ask for Brenda. Instead, I met with Jill, and the only reason I knew that was from her badge. She went through 10 closed ended questions then called for the next candidate. There wasn't any separation from the other candidates -- we were visiting in the lobby -- and there was not a conference room reserved for the interview. Overall, it was a waste of time.

Systems Engineer (DevOps) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter asking me some basic questions. 1) Was I a U.S. Citizen or required sponsorship 2) If I was willing to pay for relocation expenses as I did not live in the Minneapolis area. I specifically said on my resume that I was a U.S. Citizen so I am not sure why he asked me again. Next - he gave me the URL to take the video interview assessment. After I took that, the next day he gave me a call for the next steps. He pretty much asked me "Why are you looking to move to Minneapolis, you could move to New York instead" which confused me as it was completely random. He then told me my salary expectations were too high. The salary expectations weren't bad at all due to the fact that they were not paying for relocation. He then gave me the typical recruiter spiel about how great UHG benefits are (looking at Glassdoor reviews - they are actually horrendous), great 401(k) matching, Fortune 7 company, etc. He then mentioned "If you want the money you are looking for, you should go to New York instead." Again NO IDEA why he kept mentioning New York. I told him I was not interested anymore and he gave just said "Bye" and hung up the phone. Completely unprofessional and made me realize UHG was not the right place for me. Would never want to work with this recruiter again and I hope UHG sees this and realizes their recruiters need to act more professional than this.

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at UHG career site on a Friday, that Monday to fill out an assessment for Microsoft Window 7 and a Behavioral questionnaire about six days later I get an email stating they want to set up a phone interview, On my phone interview it was very quick was asked just about my previous background, and then told the start date and expected pay, was told my information will then be passed to the Hiring manager and if I don't hear anything in a week I was told to notified my recruiter, I got the call six days later to come in for a face to face interview the next day, I then had an interview with the department manager, Team Lead, Clinical Supervisor. Finally got the call two days later!!!!! One thing I can say it UHG is a very hard company to get into but once you do it was worth the wait!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you seen a familiar policy that you know is not being done correctly, and your team lead tells you to ignore it and just do it the wrong way, what would your next step be if you absolutely know they are wrong?   Answer Question

RN Field Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed 3 different times for a case management position in UHG. With my last interview I was offered the position after leaving the face to face interview with manger and two coworkers. Waited 6 days did the uds and tb spot. Over the course of two weeks the background screening was being performed and once everything was complete I received a email from talent and acquisition saying everything was completed and I am hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation you were in that was immoral or unjust.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter who asked me about my skills and background and why I applied for the position. The recruiter was very informative. I am waiting for my initial interview now.