UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,322 Interview Reviews

2.7

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took the online assessments immediately after. This was on a Friday, and first thing the following Monday I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took place that Thursday, which went very well. The following Tuesday, I had an in-person interview.

One interviewer clearly liked me while the other seemed unimpressed, to say the least. I got the typical "we'll call within two weeks." Got a call with an offer 6 days later.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker who seemed to be struggling?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter who asked me about my skills and background and why I applied for the position. The recruiter was very informative. I am waiting for my initial interview now.

Systems Engineer (DevOps) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter asking me some basic questions. 1) Was I a U.S. Citizen or required sponsorship 2) If I was willing to pay for relocation expenses as I did not live in the Minneapolis area. I specifically said on my resume that I was a U.S. Citizen so I am not sure why he asked me again. Next - he gave me the URL to take the video interview assessment. After I took that, the next day he gave me a call for the next steps. He pretty much asked me "Why are you looking to move to Minneapolis, you could move to New York instead" which confused me as it was completely random. He then told me my salary expectations were too high. The salary expectations weren't bad at all due to the fact that they were not paying for relocation. He then gave me the typical recruiter spiel about how great UHG benefits are (looking at Glassdoor reviews - they are actually horrendous), great 401(k) matching, Fortune 7 company, etc. He then mentioned "If you want the money you are looking for, you should go to New York instead." Again NO IDEA why he kept mentioning New York. I told him I was not interested anymore and he gave just said "Bye" and hung up the phone. Completely unprofessional and made me realize UHG was not the right place for me. Would never want to work with this recruiter again and I hope UHG sees this and realizes their recruiters need to act more professional than this.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Completed two phone interviews for telecommute position. Standard interview questions. Past work experience, behavioral situations, etc. Hiring manager was pleasant and very informative of the position. Still pending a response, hopeful to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you helped make a customer happy   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at UHG career site on a Friday, that Monday to fill out an assessment for Microsoft Window 7 and a Behavioral questionnaire about six days later I get an email stating they want to set up a phone interview, On my phone interview it was very quick was asked just about my previous background, and then told the start date and expected pay, was told my information will then be passed to the Hiring manager and if I don't hear anything in a week I was told to notified my recruiter, I got the call six days later to come in for a face to face interview the next day, I then had an interview with the department manager, Team Lead, Clinical Supervisor. Finally got the call two days later!!!!! One thing I can say it UHG is a very hard company to get into but once you do it was worth the wait!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you seen a familiar policy that you know is not being done correctly, and your team lead tells you to ignore it and just do it the wrong way, what would your next step be if you absolutely know they are wrong?   Answer Question

Cs Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just answer how you think they want you to answer the question...and you'll get the job. Just like any other interview. Sell yourself. Get the job. Period. Make up any scenario for the questions they ask.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY).

Interview

it's through an outsourced company based in India. You do not meet anyone until you are interviewed. It's all done by phone and email. You send your resume, wait months then they call you to set up a skills test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview contacted me through Indeed about my resume. Sent me to a link that had the digital interview, assessment, and application in one. Everything went very smooth and professional. It was quick and easy. Very easy

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within a few weeks I received a call to set up an initial phone interview/screening. The phone interview was conducted within a few days. The interviewer went over my employment history in detail, reviewing dates, duties and reasons for leaving. I was then asked three behavior based questions (STAR method). At the end of the session I was moved forward in the process and scheduled for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two Claims Processing Supervisors. The interview style was very laid back and the interviewers were friendly; they conducted the interview in a bit more conversational style. The interview consisted of a brief review of the hours, manner of work and overtime requirements. The interviewer then asked 2 STAR based questions (she stated they were predetermined and the same for all interviewee's for this position) and closed the interview. She then asked if I had any questions about UHG. I stated I hadn't any at the time. She asked the question again. I think this was an indication that they wanted me to have questions about UHG. In hindsight, I would have asked something about the company, even something I already knew - there is wealth of information on their website and other websites, so I truly had no questions at that point. The interview was very brief, the expectation was set at 60 minutes, the process was complete within 20 minutes. The interview was just a day ago; I have not been updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of name a specific time you had to work under pressure, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question