UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,196 Interview Reviews

2.7

Technology Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by UnitedHealth for an interview on my college campus after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. The interviewer was nice and the questions were normal behavioral questions. The next day, I was contacted for an onsite interview. Looking forward to it later this week!

Interview Questions

• After every technical project I discussed, he asked if I could explain it to someone who doesn't know anything about the subject.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Went to Optum and had interviews with others going for the full-time position, but most were going for the internships. Had a recent grad panel answer our questions and then had two 30 minute interviews in a room where all interviews were going on at the same time. The hiring managers were very easy to talk to and asked 4 very simple behavioral questions each. They also would go off and ask about the answer in a more personable way so it felt like we were just having a conversation rather than an interview. The rest of the time was given to me to ask them questions which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you questioned your fairness or ethics.
      Name a time you and someone didn't see eye to eye on something because of differences and how did you handle it.
      Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial video interview with 5 questions. If they select you after that interview, you are invited to an in person interview where you learn about the company, have an interview, and get a tour of the building. They are quick about following up after that interview, my interview was Thursday and they started reaching out that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Spoke with campus recruiter at a career fair, got an on-campus behavioral interview and was then invited on-site for a final round interview and office visit, tour and informational sessions with former interns

Quit Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

It was not too hard. They asked you some behavioral questions and have to do a role play. Office is really nice. Interviewer was nice. Interview was only 30 mins long. They called me back a week later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I've been applying for CSR for the past month and would hear nothing back. I checked on their website again one day and they had just put up a job posting that same day for CSR. I applied and the next day I got an email stating they were interested and would like to give me a phone interview. A few days later I had the interview. The recruiter was nice and sweet, she said I answered great and to her I was perfect for the job. Now I would have to wait for a manager to review my phone interview/application & would get a call back/email in a few days to 2 weeks. Now it's time to wait. She asked me 3 situational questions, computer questions, and told me more about the job. Overall, it was quite easy. Felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. Hoping I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to control your emotions at work. (Angry/irritated customer/coworker or an unexpected situation) how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to be accurate at work. (A project, attention to detail kind of thing)   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to take on an extra task at work. (Voluntarily/Asked)   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I submitted the application online through their company job page. I heard back within 24 hours to submit a digital interview. The digital interview consisted of 5 questions that were about your background, technology you have learned, etc. You were given 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer the question. The whole thing was recorded and sent to their recruiters. I didn't hear back for 2 weeks and they came to our career fair so I went and talked to the recruiter about it and gave her my resume and she said she would look over my profile. Make sure you contact them after your digital interview, otherwise I may not have heard back! I heard back a few days later and am now invited to an on site "assessment" interview for 3 hours. Looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you learned a technology on your own outside of school?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, then interview with director, manager, and potential co workers. I was probably 5-10 years older than said co workers and they were a little insulting in that they assumed you didn't know certain things critical to the job, such as what user acceptance testing was. Seems very target like culture, director admitted they are very picky on who they hire which kind of felt like a dig to me.

Interview Questions

• What would I need if I wanted to paint this room black?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

After applying online I get an invitation to conduct an online self video interview, then phone interview with the recruiter, then phone interview with the hiring manager, in person interview with hiring mananger and their manager.

Interview Questions

• Everything went well with the hiring manager, but the even the manager warned me of her boss that's she's very "needy". I interviewed with the VP and though she wanted things streamlined and simple, she was anything but simple. She kept getting caught up on how many people I managed and we just couldn't get passed it unfortunately. I don't know think I would be able to work under someone with that style of leadership or lack of it.   Answer Question

Product Support Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

They said I did good with the interview but I didn't get the position.

1st interview lasted for 40min.
    Interviewer: hr
    Questions about your work history and what will do on situations

2nd interview lasted for 30min.
    Interviewer: hiring manager and senior manager
    Questions: they will give you situation and they will ask what do you know about the company