UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
2,403 Interview Reviews

2.7

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was an online interview, which was basically a recording of you answering questions. It was very awkward, but I guess an efficient way to interview many people.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized and efficient when dealing with multiple projects at a time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salem, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I cannot believe how incredibly unprofessional the interview process was for this company. They mismanaged every single step of the process. I sent my resume and got a call back but when I tried to return this call, for a solid week, got no response. The message that was left for me sounded unsure, like it was the first time this person was leaving a message, and then no response. A week later I got an email setting up a phone interview. Finally! The time for the interview came and went - NO CALL. I went online at website chat and the person on the other end of the chat was highly responsive and located the person I was supposed to receive a call from, stating there were "equipment issues" to explain it. I was told I would receive a call within half an hour. I got the call, but the person who interviewed me showed NO INTEREST in my answers. It was like talking to a robot. At the end of the call THE END OF THE CALL I was told they had already hired whoever it was they were hiring for. I mean really? I was honestly shocked at hoe unprofessional it was. Made me glad not to be hired to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email to complete an online assessment, then waited about a week and recieve another email to set up a quick phone "interview" which was basically just explaining the job role, pay, and etc. I was then ask to set up a second phone interview for a week later. I went in for a face to face interview two days after that with the supervisor, then i was invite back two days later for an interview with the Manager. I got a call a week later from someone saying that I was hired and I need to wait for email about my drug test, back ground test and etc.

Communications - Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair who handed off my resume to the appropriate recruiter (pertaining to a position I had already applied for). I received a poorly typed email with instructions to call and set up the interview. I called the number repeatedly and when I finally got through (after a few days) the guy asked if we could just do the interview then. He sounded like he was on a cell phone and the reception was awful. To be honest, it was a completely different experience than my conversation with the recruiter (in-person), who was informed and professional. In any case, he went through some basic screening questions, then went through my resume and asked me if all the information was correct, and said he would recommend me to the hiring manager. I got an email about a week later saying they went with another candidate (apparently automated).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the health care industry?   Answer Question

Clinical Interview

Interview

UHG HR is very Big Brother -ish. They fail to recognize that each individual may have different things they value. They think they know what's best for you! They also have the attitude that you should be happy with their low pay and poorly administered benefits, because you're just lucky to have a job. The HR representative flat out LIED to the hiring manager. How ethical is that? I have had multiple experiences with different HR representatives for different roles within this company, each worse than the previous. The last one took the cake when I heard that HR LIED! And, negotiating is not well received at all.

Interview Questions

• weather I was going to take the job without clearly laying out the offer.   1 Answer

Claims Associate Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

You spend a bunch of time submitting resumes , cover letters, and applications. Then you take a ton of assessments. You then wait for some third-party recruiting firm to randomly pull your application and set up an over-the-phone interview. You then cross your fingers that the idiot on the line makes the right decision and sends you to a face-to-face interview with someone in the office that you will work if you get hired (I applied and did phone interviews at least 5 times before getting a face-to-face). If the face-to-face interview goes well, they submit your file back to the recruiting firm and they make the final decision. I got hires as a back-up. The only reason I got a chance is because one of their first choices backed out before training started. After about a year and a half, I'm one of the only people in my training class left and I promoted about almost all of the remaining. Goes to show how effective recruiting firms are🙄

Interview Questions

• They ask behavioral questions exsclusively. I've done a lot of interviews with them and one of their favorites is:
      Tell me about a time that your supervisor did something unethical and what you did about it.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Video process for the HR staff. Lacked any probative value or on skills or background. Just seemed like another way to avoid finding the right candidate. Makes for Lazy recruiters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional. When I walked in I was politely greeted by the receptionist. I saw the room that my interview was being held in and I saw the woman that had a interview before me walk out of the room. When the interviewer walked back into the room after the woman left she began to talk down about the woman she interviewed to the other woman who was also holding the interviews with her over the phone. The receptionist heard her talking down about the woman also so she tried to start a conversation with me so I wouldn't hear the interviewer talking in the other room but she was so loud over the phone that I still heard her. If this company wants to be professional they need to have a more professional hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Same questions as the phone interview.
      -Why UnitedHealth Group?
      -What's your previous work history?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took the online assessments immediately after. This was on a Friday, and first thing the following Monday I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took place that Thursday, which went very well. The following Tuesday, I had an in-person interview.

One interviewer clearly liked me while the other seemed unimpressed, to say the least. I got the typical "we'll call within two weeks." Got a call with an offer 6 days later.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker who seemed to be struggling?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins then in person in person interview lasted 30 mins. Some behavioral questions and about your dependability and loyalty. It is a fast process and easy interview. Training will be 16 weeks with 100% attendance yikes lol...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be truthful to a customer   1 Answer