UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017
2,480 Interview Reviews

2.7

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Still in the first steps of the hiring process. It begins with a set of online video interview questions. I received 3 questions with 1 attempt to answer each and a 3 minute max time to answer. In theory this should be easy, but I'm a nervous wreck in interviews anyway.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

A recorded video interview via laptop or your own phone. This was followed by a call for an on site interview where I met the hiring Manager.
    After the on site interview a follow up phone interview on behavioral questions.
    Next and finally was a call from the hiring Managers boss, a director. Allquestionss were very standard but the on site interview was much more relaxed than the phome interview.
    I was offerred the job but did not accept since i thought it was too much programming type work. Offerred 65K, also the HR representative seemed very unprofessional when discussing the offer with me.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied 8/5/2017 during my application process, I did 2 assessments , personality and a computer recording as if I was dealing with a real member . 8/7/2017 I received a call from a recruiter who ran down the job description and the hours . She set up a phone interview with me on 8/9/2017, which was about 30 minutes. I answered questions about my job duties from my previous jobs & they also ask about computer skill software skills . That went okay and than she set me up for a In person Interview with a hiring manager on 8/11/2017. I was 30 minutes early , so the interview was started 10 minutes after my arrival. The manager was nice and made me feel comfortable. He went down the job description and also asked about 3 behavioral questions . ( the situation , the task you did , the action you took and the resolution ) so just be prepared of customer service situations . So still waiting and hoping on a offer !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UHG   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Montgomery, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was applied online for the Montgomery, AL location (OptumRX). Was contacted by a recruiter a couple of weeks later. Received email to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and was invited for a face to face interview on a Friday. The interview was with two people neither of which was the person I was told I would interview with. I thought the interview went well; there was discussion of compensation, work shifts, holidays, etc. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told to keep watch on my email for information about conducting background check and drug test. Imagine my surprise when I got a rejection email the following Monday. I felt a bit disappointed and misled by the overall process.

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within 72 hours of filling out the application. Said that manger would be contacting me within a week or two. Mostly behavioral questions were asked. Overall very easy process. I just wish the turn around time wasn't as long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for united.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

They start with a video interview where you answer a few basic HR questions. After that, someone from HR will follow up. You will soon start to understand what it means to work for UHG. Its a monstrous company. The role asked for someone with a "startup" mentality but everything I gathered from HR is that someone who has a startup mindset would hate working there. Too much red tape. If you like to drink the company kool aid and feel like someone pawn this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   1 Answer
    • What is your current salary?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They took the time to call me. They were friendly, but very serious in finding someone who would fit into their system. There were 2 phone interviews. Questions expected detailed answers. Have not received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Something like: What is one of the most stressful situations you have had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2017.

Interview

Easy, had 1st interview for another position and manager told me that she wasn't going to chose me but another position will open soon. Lengthy wait time between interviews and offer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Orange Park, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an e-mail about a potential phone interview and was asked to reply to confirm my interest in the position. Another e-mail was sent asking me to call someone from talent acquisition - once I did so, the phone interview was scheduled. (It was later re-scheduled due to inclement weather here in Florida.)

The interview took about 25 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions and some questions about my experience and skill with particular computer programs like Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.

In the end I was not offered a position but I cannot speak poorly of my experience. The gentleman interviewing me, Noah, was polite and very patient with me. My cell reception was poor and I occasionally had trouble hearing or understanding him, and he repeated questions as many times as I needed and was very understanding of the post-hurricane situation.

Overall the interview was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to perform additional duties outside your role.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

First I submitted my resume for the position before it was available, then received a call from a recruiter who said she would let me know when the positions were posted. I received a call when they were available and filled out the application through their careers website. Two weeks later, I received an invitation to interview with Hire Vue (recorded answers), and received a rejection letter one week after that later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you didn't see eye-to-eye with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What are three achievements you're extremely proud of?   Answer Question
    • What technological achievement are you most proud of?   Answer Question