UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,250 Interview Reviews

2.7

Utilization Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Palm Desert, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter will email you asking you to schedule a phone interview, then First it's a phone interview, followed by an in person interview which lasted about 20 minutes and was easy going.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at UHG?   1 Answer

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted to do a digital interview. The interview consisted of around 5-6 questions rather simple. After a few weeks I was contacted for a final round onsite. Unfortunately I couldn't make it onsite so I had to set up a video interview. The video interview went well with the interviewer asking maybe 3-4 questions and then allowing me to ask questions for the rest of the time. There were all behavioral based questions no technical questions except explaining something technical to somebody who wasn't technical. It was a very simple and straight forward interview process. Eventually I declined the offer partially due to not being able to go onsite and actually see the facility and meet the team because UHG doesn't fly people out you can only drive. I was 10 hours away from the office so I couldn't make the trip. If I could've went onsite it may have changed my mind about accepting the offer. Great process overall though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team with somebody in another country? If so what are the pros and cons?   1 Answer
    • Why UnitedHealth Group/Optum?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain a complex technical problem to somebody who isn't technical   Answer Question

All interns receive $21/HR & free housing which is great! However, I wasn't able to come onsite and had to do a video interview which reflected in my decision to go elsewhere where I met the team and felt comfortable.

Technology Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by UnitedHealth for an interview on my college campus after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. The interviewer was nice and the questions were normal behavioral questions. The next day, I was contacted for an onsite interview. Looking forward to it later this week!

Interview Questions

• After every technical project I discussed, he asked if I could explain it to someone who doesn't know anything about the subject.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Went to Optum and had interviews with others going for the full-time position, but most were going for the internships. Had a recent grad panel answer our questions and then had two 30 minute interviews in a room where all interviews were going on at the same time. The hiring managers were very easy to talk to and asked 4 very simple behavioral questions each. They also would go off and ask about the answer in a more personable way so it felt like we were just having a conversation rather than an interview. The rest of the time was given to me to ask them questions which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you questioned your fairness or ethics.
      Name a time you and someone didn't see eye to eye on something because of differences and how did you handle it.
      Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial video interview with 5 questions. If they select you after that interview, you are invited to an in person interview where you learn about the company, have an interview, and get a tour of the building. They are quick about following up after that interview, my interview was Thursday and they started reaching out that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Appeals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Seem very long. But easy going. Questions were general questions that wasn't to hard to answer. I felt very nervous at first but once I got comfortable I was able to answer anything that was asked of me. It made me feel good to know that I could relax.

Pharmacy Technician (Data Entry) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

INCOMPETENT at best! NO communication b/t recruiters that position was for a Backup and was more Data Entry than true Pharmacy Technician. Hiring Manager was a no show for interview!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Tell about a time you worked in a team setting to get a job done.   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online via Linkedin. I received an email the following day requesting a digital interview. Never did anything like that before so I was a bit nervous. You have 48 hours to complete the digital interview. They send you a link to their portal and use your webcam to record your an interview. You have 3 practice questions before the recording begins. Once it begins, have 30 seconds to read and prepare for the questions and 3 minutes to answer. I had 5 basic math questions and 3 verbal reply questions. The math portion has no time limit and you can use calculator. I did appreciate the timely response from time of submission of my resume to their decision to not select me for an additional interview. Most companies leave people hanging wondering what happened.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your skills and why you think you're a perfect fit for this company.   1 Answer
    • Please tell us about a time that you used communication skills to turn a relationship around.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied the beginning of March did a phone interview which I thought I bombed but to my surprise I got a call 2 days later for an in person interview very easy interview general tell me a time question. However I haven't gotten a call back

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when. How many screens can u work with etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website and didn't hear anything back until a few weeks later.
    First interview was a video interview where questions are displayed on the screen and you're given only a limited amount of time to answer those questions. Didn't hear back after another few weeks. I was invited to interview on-site at their NC office. They offered a video interview in case you couldn't attend the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my resume, past experience, and what I expect to learn from the company   Answer Question