UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,289 Interview Reviews

2.7

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, one way video interview, discussion with recruiter, two team meetings, then offer. Overall the process was approx two months. Offer (below market) was presented verbally along with an email containing benefits (which aren't very good as many have detailed).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview question where about past job experiences they use the star method. It's break about how you deal with issues. and your integrity. I did my phone interview on Friday and my impersonation interview on Wednesday. At the end of the interview he said my recruiter would get back to me about benefits and pay.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There are three stages of the interview process. The first is a video questionnaire through the company portal. It is timed (30 seconds to read through the question, 2-3 min to answer for each question) and there are no edit/redo opportunities. Mine had 3 questions, all of which were about my background and the role. The second is a phone interview lasting approximately 30 minutes with the hiring manager, who then decides if you move on to the third or not. Towards the end of the call I was told that HR would be in touch to schedule an in person with the team. There were five people with whom I interviewed (one at a time), and they were either team members or team leads. Each session lasted 40-50 min. All of the questions were very technical, relating to my background, current work projects and the job itself. None of the common interview questions or behavioral questions.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying and taking easy assessments (I have years of previous call center experience) I was contacted for phone interview followed by a face to face interview. Phone interview was basically describing the job, review of work experience and a few scenario/behavioral questions. Face to face was pretty much the same thing, talked to a nice woman for about 20 minutes going over job details followed by 3 questions then she told me to wait for recruiter to respond if I got an offer. Got offer letter sent to my email 2 days later although training classes were full and I won't start for 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what our core values are? Which most describes you and why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit long with all the phone calls from different HR reps. Interview with hiring manager and team leader was good since they were really easy going.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you haf to deal with an
      angry customer. How did you solve then problem.
      Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Spoke with campus recruiter at a career fair, got an on-campus behavioral interview and was then invited on-site for a final round interview and office visit, tour and informational sessions with former interns

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was told to treat it like a conversation, gave each other a self-introduction, and proceeded to talk about the program. I was only asked a few questions, none of them technical. Good atmosphere. Currently waiting for a follow-up response.

Utilization Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Palm Desert, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter will email you asking you to schedule a phone interview, then First it's a phone interview, followed by an in person interview which lasted about 20 minutes and was easy going.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at UHG?   1 Answer

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted to do a digital interview. The interview consisted of around 5-6 questions rather simple. After a few weeks I was contacted for a final round onsite. Unfortunately I couldn't make it onsite so I had to set up a video interview. The video interview went well with the interviewer asking maybe 3-4 questions and then allowing me to ask questions for the rest of the time. There were all behavioral based questions no technical questions except explaining something technical to somebody who wasn't technical. It was a very simple and straight forward interview process. Eventually I declined the offer partially due to not being able to go onsite and actually see the facility and meet the team because UHG doesn't fly people out you can only drive. I was 10 hours away from the office so I couldn't make the trip. If I could've went onsite it may have changed my mind about accepting the offer. Great process overall though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team with somebody in another country? If so what are the pros and cons?   1 Answer
    • Why UnitedHealth Group/Optum?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain a complex technical problem to somebody who isn't technical   Answer Question

All interns receive $21/HR & free housing which is great! However, I wasn't able to come onsite and had to do a video interview which reflected in my decision to go elsewhere where I met the team and felt comfortable.

Technology Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by UnitedHealth for an interview on my college campus after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. The interviewer was nice and the questions were normal behavioral questions. The next day, I was contacted for an onsite interview. Looking forward to it later this week!

Interview Questions

• After every technical project I discussed, he asked if I could explain it to someone who doesn't know anything about the subject.   Answer Question