UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,143 Interview Reviews

2.7

Technology Development Program Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First round interview at my university followed by a interview at the company. Mostly behavioral interview based. They really want curious, enthusiastic employees so showing those qualities is important. The entire process was quick, clear, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team with communication issues.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Executive Recruiter reached out within few days of applying online. Promptly setup calls with Hiring Manager. Was called for onsite interview. There were other candidates scheduled to meet with the Hiring Manager same day. Did not hear back from the recruiter nor there was any email update after that. Disappointed that they didn't bother to send out a notification that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about current role and projects. Was asked to define plan & strategy for a new project.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview, the interviewer was prompt & friendly. Interviewer informed me about the company as well as my job description. The interview was about 45 minutes long & I left feeling confident & well informed about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time when you had to complete a task you were not familiar with?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had signed up on company career website to receive notices when job I would be interested in is available. Got an email from them, applied online, then about three weeks later, got an email saying the position changed and applicants should re-apply if interested. I applied again, and exactly a week later, got an automated email asking to complete a digital interview in 48 hours. I read about others on Glassdoor who had to do a digital interview, so was not surprised. However, it was my first digital interview. Like what others said, you read questions and answer them and can feel impersonal and awkward. It was 7 questions some technical and some basic. I pretty much bombed it and about a week and half later got an email saying I was not chosen.

Technology Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

First round interview is a hirevue behavioral interview. Instead of a traditional video interview over skype, you are asked a question on the screen and must respond by talking to yourself into your computer or phone while it records your response. Slightly offputting as this means you are given no opportunity to ask questions about the position or company. They seem more interested in how much you have researched the company and know details about it instead of any technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you encountered and the steps you took to solve it   Answer Question
    • What interests you in working with United health group and optum?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to describe a technical aspect to an average person   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

One recorded interview and one interview with a developer. Responded very quickly. Only gave 10 days to either accept of reject the offer. Non Negotiable offer. Everyone was friendly. No technical questions at all

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in a team? When have you been challenged?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I applied than was contacted by hr to schedule phone interview. After phone interview which was about an hr long was told I would be contacted with next steps if
    Hiring manager would like to schedule a face to face. Was contacted for face to face and received an email for contingent offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions

Name a time when you encountered a angry customer...how do you respond and what was the results from it.
      1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied in mid-September and didn't hear anything from them until November 1st. My first interview was via webcam (which although awkward, was simple enough); after I submitted that interview I received an email approximately 2 days later inviting me to an on campus interview at Optum headquarters. When I arrived, there were roughly 200 other people interviewing that day (fortunately, most were there for internships). We were escorted to a conference room, given a presentation, spoke to a panel of employees, and then had 2 1:1 interviews.

The interviews were with both the director and VP of accounting and more like a conversation, rather than a traditional interview. After the interviews, I was offered a tour by my interviewers (which I gladly accepted) and I finally left Optum 3.5 hours later. It should be noted that the questions they asked were more behavioural, as they are looking for a certain kind of person.

Interview Questions

• What's the last piece of news you had read about UnitedHealth Group and was there any information/facts that stuck out?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Unitedhealth Group?   Answer Question
    • What do you have to offer that sets you apart from other individuals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations; salary was generous (also they were unwilling to negotiate salary), benefits were generous, and the possibility of telecommuting is nice!

UnitedHealth Group Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Congratulations on your new position at UnitedHealth Group! I'm happy to hear our application and interview process was a positive experience for you. I agree, doing a video interview can feel ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2016.

Interview

I applied end of Oct. Digital video Interview 2 weeks later. Then 1 week later interview with manager and director. Questions were tough but fair. The interviewers really tried to get to know me. 1 week later I received an offer. The offer process takes awhile. Even after they verbally told me I had an offer, I had to wait 3 days for HR materials to come through. However that have a very efficient and wonderful onboarding process. I'm excited to start.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my technical skills: SQL, SAS, VBA and excel.   Answer Question
    • Asked about my ability to handle worked remotely.   2 Answers
    • Asked about a time I worked on a software development life cycle process start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate but they have good vacation and benefits so that's ok. They have pay grades and a strict budget

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The process as long, but worth it. Applied in August about a month later I was notified I was selected for a video interview. 2 weeks later the 1st phone interview was scheduled. 2 weeks after that the 2nd phone interview was scheduled. I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Standard PM questions and standard interview questions.   Answer Question