UnitedHealth Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Manager Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

Video process for the HR staff. Lacked any probative value or on skills or background. Just seemed like another way to avoid finding the right candidate. Makes for Lazy recruiters

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was completely automated without human interaction. A link was provided to an app that needed to be downloaded and interview completed within 48 hours. A computer and webcam was used to read and record up to a 3 minute answer for the 5 interview questions. A practice interview is offered they the app prior to starting the recorded interview. HR reviews the recorded answers and decides whether to move forward with a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What type of working environment do you prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

The interview was done via the web where answers are recorded and you only have 30 seconds to prep and 3 minutes to answer. My real concern was that in the pre-interview video the state that it's a relaxing interview that requires no prep and is really just about getting to know you. However, they went directly into standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you led a substantial project? Include who you partnered with (finance, IT, HR, etc) what was your role?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and included three interviews, first with the recruiter, second with the hiring manager, and last with the vice president. Once I met with the VP, an offer was extended. I did not accept the initial low ball offer which they will always do, countered and accepted a higher offer. It took almost 3 months from initial interview to start date. A long time, be patient.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Medicaid quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty laid back but does differ based on what position to go to. Some positions had full day - 5 person 1/2 hour sessions. A little over done for the position. You would have thought I was being hired to cure cancer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I have applied for many supervisor and manager jobs that I am qualified for at UnitedHealth Care. It took months to even get an initial response on many, and some I never heard from. They do keep track of the status of each application on their website for you to check, but that is the ONLY thing that is organized about their process. I had one recruiter call me for a similar job to the one I applied to, after his initial call, I followed up, as he never called me, and finally after 2 months they simply "closed" the position with no communication to me. They open and close positions at a rate that makes it hard to keep up with what is really going on. I do not see how anyone gets hired with this unorganized and cumbersome process.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter who asked some general questions based on my resume. After that it was a one on one meeting with the department manager. Once that was complete, there was a follow up meeting with the department manager and the division lead. All went well, nothing out of the ballpark in terms of questions. Asked about the commute, prior work, if I fit the position and if I had any questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

There is a 2 part test from previsor.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing. Tell me about a time when you work long hours to complete a project. Tell me about a time when you had to manage a big change a work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. There are salary grades, like the military and there is a little room but not much. One you are in the company there is little room for increases, you need to be a top performer to earn a raise. It is a pay for performance system and no one will tell you this information!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Noida (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was short and shallow. It felt they had no clue the kind of expertise he wanted for the role. Over promised a lot many things and did not entertain any of it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very strategic. They do not want to put any specific demands of the candidate on paper and would verbally agree to the same

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview

the people seemed informed. questions weren't hard, just giving examples of questions they asked. i.e. how do you handle unethical comments made by and employee. how do you work on a team, you might need to work extra hours from 6 to 6. Also have a team of home bound employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where an employee said something unethical?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time how you won over a client.   1 Answer