UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I was instructed to ask for Brenda. Instead, I met with Jill, and the only reason I knew that was from her badge. She went through 10 closed ended questions then called for the next candidate. There wasn't any separation from the other candidates -- we were visiting in the lobby -- and there was not a conference room reserved for the interview. Overall, it was a waste of time.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Completed two phone interviews for telecommute position. Standard interview questions. Past work experience, behavioral situations, etc. Hiring manager was pleasant and very informative of the position. Still pending a response, hopeful to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you helped make a customer happy   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   8 Answers

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear your feedback. Sincerely, Erika Cassidy, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was a phone call. Interview was more conversational and less formal. First phone call was to gather more information from recruiter. Second and Third interview was about the job and my skill set.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I can work with a manager who was not on site.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The first interview at career fair and second interview was an office visit. Very nice people. Career fair interview was reviewing my resume and the office visit interview was more behavioral.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was interactive, short and straight to the point. The recruiters were friendly and explained the role well. They focused on getting to know me and my motivation for applying for the role.

Benefit Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

1. Phone Screen 2. In person Interview-( here they basically go through your background, ask you situational questions where you have to give examples from your past to show how you dealt with a certain situation or problem) 3. Background Check 4. Drug Screen

Interview Questions

• The basically go through your background and see if you are comfortable working at a call center.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Went to Optum and had interviews with others going for the full-time position, but most were going for the internships. Had a recent grad panel answer our questions and then had two 30 minute interviews in a room where all interviews were going on at the same time. The hiring managers were very easy to talk to and asked 4 very simple behavioral questions each. They also would go off and ask about the answer in a more personable way so it felt like we were just having a conversation rather than an interview. The rest of the time was given to me to ask them questions which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you questioned your fairness or ethics.
      Name a time you and someone didn't see eye to eye on something because of differences and how did you handle it.
      Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was good, relax and easy, ask behavior questions. It started with a campus tour and then head to a personal interview. Total times was around an hour and 30 minutes.

Paralegal Interview

Application

Interview

Applied and few days later received invite to 6 question video interview; less than week later invite to phone interview with recruiter. This was a very brief interview where she was just confirming experience and required education. She was typing while I was an swerving, very distracting. They set up hiring manager interview at same time as they set up recruiter interview. The hiring manager interview was comfortable, behavior based. She didn't go into specifics of job, just the department. Was told she was interviewing 7 candidates. The next step was the attorney interview which I wasn't called for. I'm sure most feel like they did well but I was really bummed, sounded like a great position and department. It's been over a month since my last interview and I had followed up several times about my status. My online status finally switched to "no longer under consideration" but never received email.