UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied- get an email and have to take an 'on camera' Web self interview to submit to the company made up of 5 questions. Then and email after to see if you get a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How I felt in was a good fit for the particular job I applied for   1 Answer

Sales Medicare, Medicaid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Disorganized. Recruiter couldn't effectively describe the job. Had to have a script to dialogue.

Felt like they were doing a salary survey.

Hiring manager didn't review my resume.

I knew before going in that it was just a "check the box we've interviewed this person" going in the door.

Youth based culture.

Good ole' boys club.

There's other competing companies

As a candidate, don't sell yourself short. Look around and see what places are open to diversity.

Clinical Appeals Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview process is bit lengthy i submitted application in November, received call in January had the interview in janaury received offer in February then i had to go to take the drug test and that was another two weeks before i was giving the go ahead

Interview Questions

• why did you leave my last job   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

HR screening, then face to face with 2 managers and Director. Interviews with Managers went well, Director interview was awful.

The hiring manager seemed to be really impressed with my bacground and had a lot of positive things to say about me. He asked a good mix of technical and behavioral questions and seemed to be focused on soft skills, which to me is a good thing.

The Director of Revenue Operations was very soft spoken and didn't have much to say. His demeanor had a direct reflection on my responses. When he asked what my compensation requirements were, he gawked a bit. This was a little funny to me because my comp requirements are in line with the averages for the role and my skill set. Not sure what the problem was there.

The final interview was with another Regional Finance Manager. This guy came off as wanting to be percieved as "the cool guy" of the group. I took it for what it was.

They all seemed to talk about how the company valued its employees when I asked about what they liked about the company. Well, as a prospective employee I didn't get that. After waiting almost a week after interviewing, I reached out to HR for an update on the timeline for selection. I was ignored. This happened 4 months prior when I applied for another role and met with HR. They all tell you to reach out to them with any questions, but clearly they are just going through the motions of what would be proper HR employees. My suspicion is that they went with a cheaper internal candidate.

Overall, I would still say that this is probably a good place to work. My advice to myself and everyone else is to take the good with the bad, because there is no perfect company out there waiting for you to grace them with your presence. Security in this building is an issue though. They seemed to let anyone up without swiping a badge or signing in. Scary.

Interview Questions

• None - there was a good mix of technical and behavioral questions. The standard stuff here.   Answer Question

Physician Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process is OK both with recruiter and potential supervisors. There is a screening interview with recruiter and then an on site interview in philadelphia. Supervision can be a nightmare (it was for me).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was a little bland, but you can easily use that to your advantage. I like United Health Group. Though the first interview was a bit dull, afterwords, someone called me and said they wanted to talk about my opportunities. We talked pretty casually and he taught me a lot about the internship position and gave me a lot of information on the company over all.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

applied online, received call to setup the phone interview the next day. H?Re interview included brief background of position. questons reviewed experience and expected salary. received a call next day to interview with peer and cooedinator. currently waiting for next call which would be with a supervisor.