UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.6

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Interview is about an hour from start to finish. My interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. Made the job details very clear. I suggest if you have any unresolved personal issues, take care of them first. There is a strict attendance policy especially for the duration of training.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Took a while but it pretty simple and basic. You have to do a background check and drug test. The longest part was waiting for an email and phone call after the interview.

Interview Questions

• List of words and asked to choose the 3 most important for a customer service rep.   Answer Question

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within a few weeks I received a call to set up an initial phone interview/screening. The phone interview was conducted within a few days. The interviewer went over my employment history in detail, reviewing dates, duties and reasons for leaving. I was then asked three behavior based questions (STAR method). At the end of the session I was moved forward in the process and scheduled for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two Claims Processing Supervisors. The interview style was very laid back and the interviewers were friendly; they conducted the interview in a bit more conversational style. The interview consisted of a brief review of the hours, manner of work and overtime requirements. The interviewer then asked 2 STAR based questions (she stated they were predetermined and the same for all interviewee's for this position) and closed the interview. She then asked if I had any questions about UHG. I stated I hadn't any at the time. She asked the question again. I think this was an indication that they wanted me to have questions about UHG. In hindsight, I would have asked something about the company, even something I already knew - there is wealth of information on their website and other websites, so I truly had no questions at that point. The interview was very brief, the expectation was set at 60 minutes, the process was complete within 20 minutes. The interview was just a day ago; I have not been updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of name a specific time you had to work under pressure, how did you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Application

Interview

I had applied through Indeed.com and I got a call asking for basics like the where the office is, what is expected out of the job, how many weeks training etc. At the end of the call I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview went quite well. She seemed to be quite impressed but don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview questions. Basically behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • How good was I with the software knowledge I mentioned in my resume (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Wordpress)? I was asked to rate my knowledge in any of the 3 categories i.e. Expert, Intermediate or Beginner   Answer Question
    • What qualities or attributes from your past experiences can you apply to this current position?   Answer Question

Senior Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a video interview a week later. The video interview was a little impersonal in my opinion. It was quite silly since I was talking to a computer screen and no one was on the other end. Another week went by and I was contacted by a recruiter to learn more about my background via a phone interview. A few weeks later I was contacted for an in person interview. A week later I had a phone interview with the team members. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that the job was no longer available due to a 'reassessment of the business'. So, basically I wasted over 6 weeks interviewing for a company that should had reassessed their business needs a long time ago before posting the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you dealt with a difficult internal customer. How did you overcome this obstacle?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. I had a great phone interview with a recruiter, then a great in-person interview with two managers. I was very pleased with the communication and professionalism!

Interview Questions

• As your employer, what would be your expectations for us, and what do you think we should provide for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, she was 15 minutes late in calling. I found her to me impolite. I don't know if this was a tactic to see how I handle rude customers, but it took me by surprise, as this has never happened in an interview before. The questions didn't seem to be about acustomer service, as would be usual for this kind of job. Her first question to me was to ask why my resume had listed 3 different job titles with the same company that I had a 20 year history with, instead of putting them all together. I answered that I had gained different experiences from each title.

Interview Questions

• How would you open a new window in a search engine so that you can view it simultaneously with a window that is already open?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Quick phone interview. In person interview wasn't too long and also pretty informal, which helped with nerves. During interview, different people in different roles would come in which helped to know the personality of the people you will be working with. Each person had the opportunity to tell you their own expectations and ask what my expectations would be of them. Overall strong sense of teamwork and feeling as if you are part of something bigger.

Provider Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a supervisor and a supervisor trainee. They were both very amicable. He started the interview by telling me about why he decided to work for UHG and how he advanced to become a supervisor. The supervisor in training was a transfer from the Optum side. They explained the position I was interviewing for in detail and asked if I had any questions. I told them about my military background and the various positions I had throughout the years. He asked me to tell him about a time when I dealt with customers or how my military experience prepared me to deal with customers. After the interview he told me when training class would begin and what would be expected of me during that time. He said a hiring manager would contact me in 5 to 7 business days and that I should ask them any further questions I had about the position and let them know if I had anything going on that may interfere with being able to attend training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?   Answer Question

Service Center Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the leads a panel interview. I was asked around 10 questions. I was told I should hear back by the end of the week if I would be selected for a second interview which was with the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• How would I address a advocate that is complaining about a quality representative.   Answer Question