UnitedHealth Group Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applicants apply online and participant in a self-guided recorded video interview online for the first round. There is a screening call following and a very structured telephone interview for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had 2 interviews (telephonic & face-to-face); with a Senior VP. Generic Project Management related questions. How many projects have to handled at a time? How did you manage estimation? How did you track project progress?

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process has been flawless, very clear, concise and to the point. Did a digital interview video, HR has been wonderful to work with, talked to the hiring manager & member of the team 2nd round, 3rd round met with director and same member from 2nd interview. Was offered on the spot unofficially. I really am grateful for the entire process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very clear about your skills, experience and your worth. Consider that this organization really invest in there employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

1. UHG is famous for posting jobs they never intend to fill with outside candidates; they will show you a dozen job listings, but interview for fewer than that. The cultural norm is "Minnesota Nice", which we all know as "passive-aggressive behavior".

2 .OPTUM is the fastest growing and most profitable division and seems more responsive than UHG, some regional offices are where candidates get critical experience, then move on since there is a middle-management logjam.

3. HQ Diversity is not a strength, and neither is speed. A gaggle of HR gals who are there to keep applications coming in, but weeks of waiting between interview cycles is common. Have a back up prospective employer. UHG is very smug and political. UHG doesn't pay to relocate below Director level very often, if ever.

4. The MO at UHG is to cancel budgeted positions if they don't get candidates they like or compare externals to internal candidates and hire the internal rather than raise headcount.

Interview Questions

• Introductory questions confirming work experience and education. Several Behavioral and situational questions about prior ROI or project achievements, stakeholder management, "handling" conflicting resources and "challenging" personalities.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process as long, but worth it. Applied in August about a month later I was notified I was selected for a video interview. 2 weeks later the 1st phone interview was scheduled. 2 weeks after that the 2nd phone interview was scheduled. I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Standard PM questions and standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews and a lengthy process to say the least. Video interview and then multiple phone interviews. Connection between narrative during this process and day to day varies from each other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the following day received an invitation for a video interview.

The video interview can be awkward if you have not done before, and not every company handles this format the same. Some will ask for written responses to questions, some do not set a time limit for preparation, etc. For this particular interview, you have a question that pops up on the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. You only have one opportunity to record each response, so be sure to keep that in mind.

I had issues halfway through my video interview with the connection to the software, and was booted out. Since I wasn't able to look back at my responses and see where the glitch happened, or re-record that response, along with the pressure that I was feeling with the time limits, I decided that it would be best to withdraw my application.

All in all, video interviews have their pros and cons. They can be beneficial for recruiters to sift through the volumes of applications/resumes more efficiently. However, they can also be perceived as cold and distant, since it's just you and the computer, and lacks 2-way dialogue with a live person.

Interview Questions

• General questions on how your experience ties into this role, project management experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a pre-interview. I'm still in the interview process. It was a phone interview that went extremely well. The young lady who conducted the interview was extremely polite and energetic. She was very helpful at making me feel at ease. It was a very pleasant experience. I have not been offered a position yet.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle inter-office conflict between co-workers.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Took almost two months, mostly email and phone communications. Included the "recorded video" interview. Recruiter was very helpful during the process. In person interviews were straight forward, if not a little clerical. Everyone was friendly in general and very open about the company, challenges and culture. I was glad to see an automated recruiting systems actually seem to work for a change.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2016.

Interview

Met with the UHC recruiter for a screening phone interview. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a phone interview with the hiring managers peer and two of his direct reports.

Interview Questions

• Questions are always scripted two part questions. Tell me about a time when your project was being reported in the Red and what did you do to resolve it? What are your long and short term goals and why.   Answer Question