UnitedHealth Group Reporting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview group was very professional, the questions focused on the requirements for the position and the necessary still sets. All the members of the panel asked relevant questions and were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Report Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2016.

Interview

Took about 2 months, however it was pretty straightforward. Video interview, interview with hiring manager. Basic questions were asked about scenarios performed in previous analyst positions. 2 weeks after the phone interview with the hiring manager I was offered the position. With it being fully telecommute everything was conducted via video chat and telephone.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a telecommute role? How are you able to communicate with coworkers in a telecommute capacity? What database software packages do you have experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and shortly thereafter did a 5 question virtual interview through webcam. The online interview was easy and had good and thought provoking questions that gave 30 seconds to think about the question and three minutes to answer. About a week later, received a request for a face to face interview. Face to face interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work as a part of a team, but one of the people on your team had a different opinion on how to get the task done. How did you get around this?   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very long but detailed. Drug test and background check. Nice people, not pushy or vague. I spoke with two people for a while, then the hiring manager and the co-worker. I liked that I could get a feel for the people. I was able to request telecommute and talk to others who telecommute to see how they work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not needed, the offer was more than I asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was very polite and easy to talk to. The process was more of a conversation rather than a firing off of question after question. I thought it went well until it ended after only thirty minutes. I should have known right then he had decided to pass on me.

Interview Questions

• What experienced do you have that qualify you for this role?   Answer Question

Report Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2015.

Interview

Very informal process - online questions, test taking; felt as though HR was non-existent. Apparently company is so large it can only use this spam-like automated process. Or else, I'm used to more particular processes evaluating my potential as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked why I'm applying for the job, my salary expectation during my first phone interview. Next they asked me to describe my current job duties. They've also asked me one by one the same questions I filed out during the application process like do I have experience in each required field and what experience I have in the preferred fields. I'm supposed to get my second phone or in person interview in 5-6 days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

A call with recruiter then phone interview with hiring manager. Then if you get selected they might call you for in person interview with team and manager. If accepted they will send you offer letter and with start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe one analytic you provided the managers and how it helped make business decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

There is a video interview screening first where you are asked to read a question then record yourself answering it. Not a live interview. Next steps are phone interview screening with recruiter. If you make it through, there will be additional interviews with the hiring manager and possibly other managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Islandia, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Was contacted originally by a recruiter, then conducted two phone interviews. Ultimately I was asking for too much pay, wasn't offered a position.