UnitedHealth Group Research Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Research Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. One month later, I received an email from United Health Care Group asking me to partake in a digital interview and must complete it within 48 hours. It shouldn't be called an interview because there was no one on the other end asking the questions. Instead, it was questions popping up on the screen and then you had 3 minutes to record your answer. I found this totally demeaning and disrespectful of my time. They can't even have somebody on the other end to interact with? Within a few days of completion, I got an email notifying me that the position was no longer available. It left me feeling like they just wanted to capture my information and recording for a database they are building. I am very concerned about issues of privacy because there was no information on how they stored the recording or what exactly they did with it once it was complete. It leaves me wondering whether the position was even open to begin with. It was a waste of my time and feels like a racket to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and when can you start.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First was e-interview, second phone interview, third in-person. The in-person interview lasted 5 hours and concluded with a writing assessment. If you have a strong quantitative background, good project experience, and went to a good school you'll more than likely get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you enjoyed working on in a professional setting? What was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Application on line, contacted by recruiter, digital one-way interview, final round interview in the office, the recruitment process is through UHG and makes the process take a long time. The recruiter on my case left UHG at the time, no one told me or the Lewin Group and so I never heard back for months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very long and arduous, met with 6 different people over a span of 5 hours. You go to lunch with someone as a "break." One employee told my degree didn't really amount to anything.

Interview Questions

• A time when you experienced disappointment in your career   1 Answer

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There is a video recorded interview. The questions are displayed on the screen , you ave 30 seconds to prepare you answer then the video starts to record you and you have 3minutes I believe to answer.

The in person interview, was a full day 9-2pm with a lunch interview and assessment. I met with all women for each of my interviews there is one on consulting, qualitative analysis, and quantitative. Everyone is very nice and reassuring during the interview process. They offer water, coffee and tea throughout the day. I did not get the offer, but an employee raved to a friend about how great my interview was. I believe they either already knew who they wanted and there was some bias involved in this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself working in consulting?
      Future Career Goals
      Tell me about a research project that you worked on?
      Give me an example of times you did {quantitative/qualitative} research.
      What is your experience with SAS   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2018.

Interview

Had a digital interview, then went straight to an in-person interview day in May 2018. Had a good experience - long day of company overview, writing assessment, 3 interviews, and a casual lunch conversation with someone in the current position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

First, did an online interview consisting of questions on the screen and having three minutes to answer them. After this, the on-site interview takes place from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. with three separate interviews and a lunch with a current employee in the same position you're applying for.

THE LEWIN GROUP IS A TERRIBLE ORGANIZATION THAT LIES. After I followed up with the interview two times, they told me they were working to get an offer approved for me and getting closer to making that offer since my interview had good feedback and that they felt I would be a good fit. Then two weeks later, I received a rejection notice from them. Why would you tell someone you are working to make an offer for them and then reject them two weeks later? Makes no sense.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a quantitative and qualitative project you've worked on before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

For this position, I was contacted by a recruiter a week after my application, and I received no response from the recruiter after returning the initial message. Strangely after hearing nothing back, about a couple weeks later, I was asked to complete a digital interview for the position. After completing this, I noticed the position had been reposted twice. Two weeks later, I received a rejection notice for a different position...that I hadn't applied for.

Something tells me this was a fraudulent recruitment as even now, I see the job has been reposted. 4 times in two months. This is a scam.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Referred from campus recruiting event. Phone screening, then in person interview. Several sections - quantitative, qualitative, general skills/consulting aptitude focused on group and collaborative work experience. Education session about Lewin brand of consulting. 1 hour writing assessment case with interpretation of charts and graphs into written summary. Peer lunch with a current Research Consultant.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct a literature review for a topic you knew nothing about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a recruiter at UnitedHealth Group. This interview basically went over your skills, interests, and next steps in the process.

The in-person interview was 5.5 hours long and consisted of:
    1) Lewin Overview- overview of the company and a chance to ask questions
    2) Writing Assessment- 1 hour to interpret graphs/charts and write a 1-2 page summary
    3) Consulting Aptitude Interview- general questions regarding your ability to work with people, handle conflict/obstacles, time manage, and provide technical assistance
    4) Lunch with a current Research Consultant- more informal; chance to ask questions to someone in the same position
    5) Qualitative Interview- comfort with literature reviews, focus groups/evaluation, and experience conducting research
    6) Quantitative Interview- SAS experience, Microsoft Excel use, and any other technical skills. Previous analysis, evaluation, or projects conducted.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct a literature review for a topic that you knew nothing about?   Answer Question