UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2017.

Interview

I received an E-mail inviting me to complete a digital interview a few days after applying. This was a completely new experience for me. They allow you to do a "practice round" before completing the actual interview - I recommend taking advantage of this for someone who has never completed a digital interview before. It is a little awkward at first. Anyway, I guess I did okay, because about a week later I received an E-mail from the recruiter stating that the Hiring Manger would be in touch.

This is for a telecommute role, so all of my interviews were via phone. My first one was with the hiring manager. After this interview, the hiring manager then coordinated 3 additional interviews for me, one with his boss and the other 2 with his counterparts. One interview was via WebEx, where I was asked to present some of my work. The interview process went extremely quick and everyone was very accommodating to my scheduling needs.

After I went through all of the interviews, the hiring manager very quickly (on the same day of my last interview) reached out and let me know that they would be proceeding with an offer for me. It took about 2 weeks from there to actually get the finalized details of the offer in writing.

Although the time in-between getting a verbal offer and a finalized written offer took a bit longer than what I would have liked, I will say that there was never a lack of communication. If I asked for an update, I was given one. This made me feel confident that I was someone they were serious about pursuing and it was truly just a lag in the system approval process that was holding us up.

Great experience so far and am excited to get started in my new role!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my total compensation successfully with the recruiter and hiring manager. I explained my case as to why I felt I deserved what I was asking for and was awarded my request. Very pleased with this process.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, then interview with director, manager, and potential co workers. I was probably 5-10 years older than said co workers and they were a little insulting in that they assumed you didn't know certain things critical to the job, such as what user acceptance testing was. Seems very target like culture, director admitted they are very picky on who they hire which kind of felt like a dig to me.

Interview Questions

• What would I need if I wanted to paint this room black?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, first did video interview where a screen prompted you with questions. very weird, didn't get phone interview. I think they were looking for more experience, even though it was stated as an entry level position

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process started with an email I received from HR stating "Congratulations!" you have been invited to an online video interview (to be completed in 48 hours). This was a very strange process as there was no contact with a recruiter. The process took about 15 minutes, four questions. After I submitted the video I received a "Thank you" email. After a week I received an email from an HR representative inviting and congratulating me to the next step, which was to interview with a team member from the hiring department. The interview was conducted via phone four days after this contact. After this interview, the same HR representative sent me an email that I was invited to interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview I received a "Thanks but no thanks" email from a recruiter. No people contact what so ever. Very strange. Needless to say there was no job offer, however it would have been nice to speak to someone since I ultimately made it to the third interview. Feel like I was just a number.

Interview Questions

• General questions on current role and how it would translate into this role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Received an email off to complete a digital interview. I have never participated in such an interview so prepare yourself with your webcam and lighting in your home. They ask 5 questions and give you 30 seconds to think before your response are recorded.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted for the job on May 5, 2016. I had a digital interview using HireVue on May 11, then had a phone interview on May 17 with the recruiter. I had a phone interview with the hiring managers on May 25. Everyone I talked to were really nice and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join UHG?
      Why do you think we should hire you?
      Everything related to previous jobs.
      Every item listed under job responsibilities in the posting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Waukegan, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was sent an invite from the recruiter for a webcam interview. I was asked 10 questions in which I had 3 min to answer each question. It was extremely uncomfortable because I have never given an interview in that form. It was like I was talking to myself when I was looking at the webcam.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Manchester, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from Recruiter one day after I apply the position.
    Scheduled for interview during one week.
    It was right before the holiday, so the hiring manager did inform me no decision will make after beginning of the year.
    At the end of January, got an email to inform that I wasnt being selected

Interview Questions

• what kind of working environment you would like to work?
      what type of management you would like?

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

submit application online, few months later, get a call from HR to schedule half an hour interview. then few months after that get a call to schedule an interview with hiring manager, then another call for a second interview with team members. The main problem with their process that it's slow and may take several months (6 months) in may case!

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions.
      Main question: how do you see your experience and skills fit in this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews went great. The questions were thorough and the interviewers knowledgeable. I felt very qualified for the position and was left with the impression I was a favored candidate. After the second interview which as just as positive as the first, I never heard anything again. I followed up with the interviewers and the hiring manager but never received a decision or feedback.

Interview Questions

• How important is follow up to you in the sense of responding to emails?   1 Answer