UnitedHealth Group Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off fairly smooth. I received a call from a recruiter to discuss the open opportunities then had 2 additional interviews. I was told by one of the recruiters the process could take up to 5 interviews. The questions asked were a mix revolving around past experience and behavioral for the most part. The downside my interviewers were new to the company and didn't know much of anything about the position. I was given multiple answers about when and where the role would be located. One interviewer was unprofessional with questions asked, that interviewer was in a rush and not prepared. After my last interview I was sent a survey to complete about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How did you ensure new processes were being followed by staff?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Company now uses 'Hirevue' which is a one way video of you answering questions every 2 1/2 minutes (I had 7). Since it is one way with no interaction any correction to tone of voice, volume, cadence, etc. w/o feedback is impossible. Also body language is one way so if you are expected to look w/o blinking into the eye of a brightly lit camera lens for two minutes then you will fail. All in all this is a very low budget approach that only someone in HR could love. Unless you are connected to a hiring manager who can look past this impersonal part of the process you are probably in trouble.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

I have not declined yet as this opportunity (and others) are still viable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was set up through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. The person interviewing was focused on remembering trivial details that never should be memorized in the first place and not on whether the candidate understands the technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via Linked In. After the initial phone interview a follow up interview with the hiring manager. Then 3 phone interviews with peers and prospective colleagues in my professional field. Final interview was with the hiring manager in person. Recruiter made offer 5 days later. Salary was less than the recruiter range initially promised.

Interview Questions

• What is the return on investment you project for health management programs.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Basically a take it or leave it offer. Push back on the offer fell on deaf ears.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Rocky Hill, CT) in July 2007.

Interview

Straight forward process that has recently been extended. multipe phone screens followed by a series of face to face meetings

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

well organised . but process is too lengthy . its takes more than 1 to 2 month for your offer. HR are more friendly and supportive. they will acess technical skills plus soft skills

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2009.

Interview

Referred by existing employee, so interview was very streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over all the other applicants we have in the pipeline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate small bump in pay resulting from less personal time.