UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick process and a behavioral interview asking general things about past projects, technical knowledge, etc.
Everyone who works there is very friendly and understanding, and made the process very easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was lasted about 45 minutes on webex. He asked for lot of technical questions. Most of them were front-end questions. He gave the feedback at the end of the interview itself. Still waiting for the decision. They asked plenty of technical questions and there were three guys taking interview at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about AngularJS. Job description was all about covering front-end and back-end but all they asked is about Front-end.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career services at my school (MIT) and my interviewer told me about the company and what kind of things I might do. Asked me standard behavioral questions. This was the first round. I was invited to an onsite final round interview, but I accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

I had another offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 2 months over all and it was really a good experience. I have applied through their career site and got a mail to attend a video interview, which had 4 questions(mostly behavior). Questions included tell us about the most exciting project you have worked on, challenges with colleagues etc.
    After the video screening, I got a call from recruiter who was very detailed, polite and gave me as much information as possible about the role.
    After 2 weeks I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and 2 others. It was a bridge call and all them asked basic to intermediate level technical questions.
    Next there was a face to face interview with 2 more. This time interval was more of a discussion about the past experience and some advanced technology questions.
    I got a mail from recruiter that they are going to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I was offered what I have asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Only behavioral, no technical, very easy. I first spoke to them at a career fair and was invited to interview the next day. It was a very easy behavioral interview, and did not get more difficult later in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had expected a very formal interview, but was surprised with how chill the interviewer was. The interview itself was very laid back, with the majority of the interview process consisting of the interviewer discussing items on my resume with me. The interviewers were very nice but understandably tired. However, they were very responsive when asked questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

This was for a two-year intern-style position following my Bachelor's in CS. I hooked up with UnitedHealth when they were recruiting on my campus. The first interview was an hour face-to-face on campus the day after the job fair. The second was an on-site interview in their Nashville office with a group of candidates. Several group-style presentations talking up the company and two one-on-one interviews with management. No direct coding questions, only general discussions about my work style and how I'd fit with the company, as well as discussing some of the projects they were currently working on. I guess they figured that if I had the degree, I could pick up whatever they needed me to do.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a conflict among group members when working with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

This is on campus interview. First talk about resume and then ask behaviour questions. Like why do you choose us, why work in health industry. What the important thing in woking with team. How to handle argue in a team. For example, two people want to be leader and there are just two people in this team.
    Then let me teach him poker rules. I teach him the easiest one I know. I draw some pictures to teach rules.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

Applied after being contacted by a recruiter from the company.I got a call to setup the interview date. The recruiter responsible ended setting up the call one hour early because they confused their timezones. I was still able to answer most of the questions

Interview Questions

• differences between java and c#?   1 Answer