UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position yesterday. Confirmation of my application being received was emailed to me. Within hours, I got another e-mail asking to complete a web interview. The video kept crashing but when I logged back in, I didn't have to start over. I was able to resume from where I was disconnected.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does your background and experience relate to the position you applied for?
      2. What are your key accomplishments?
      3, TWhat is your background starting from your most recent position
      4. Tell us about a time when you developed a clear objective, strategy to accomplish a goal and the outcome
      5, Tell us about a time when you made a sale despite a customer's refusal   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

First, I had to do an online video. I did prepare for it and glad that I had. They questions were very related to the organization's government affairs positions. Second, I had a 45-minute phone interview with the supervisor. These questions were very much about my policy viewpoints and research and public speaking experience. Third, I came in for a third interview. I met with the Center's Executive Director-- this was one of those walk me through your resume ones. I also met with the supervisor and he asked me about my dissertation: rationale, theory, data, research questions, and findings. It turned out despite all the talk about policy, this position is at its heart, a data analyst position-- working directly with plan data.

The interviews focused on my own policy perspectives and skills related to the written job description. Look at the government affairs materials to get a sense of which policies UHG supports. Don't get distracted by the policy talk. This is a data analyst position that includes writing the first draft of reports. All the interviews were on time limited. Ask questions as you go. Otherwise you will have five minutes to ask your own questions.

I never had enough information about the resources available to the data analyst and the state of the group's data. Is there a data book, does someone else clean and update the data? Most places have a team working on the data analysis. The Center plans on having one person. They seemed to want more than one person could do in a single job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ACA?
      Q: What are the pros and cons of managed care?
      Q: What ideas to do have to improve quality and increase efficiency?
      Q: What is your strongest skill set?
      Q: How did you choose the data for your dissertation?   Answer Question