Unity Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product and Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks, from the initial recruiter call to the phone screen with hiring manager, to on-site.

The recruiter and the entire team were very on top of the logistics and provided me updates frequently. The interviewers were open, honest, and friendly during the entire process. Interviews consisted of techincal, behaviorial, and situational. Not sure if the experience is the same for all, but I had to meet with several interviewers. What I really liked about this process versus other companies is that although the questions and process were similar, the discussions were almost always framed around either existing Unity situations or my past experiences (not as arbitrary). It made the conversations flow much better and more natural. This allowed for myself and the interviewer to get a sense of what it would be like to work together.

Overall, it was a great experience for me, the team all around were world class and very professional. Would encourage those applying to really understand Unity and the company's direction.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Oct 28, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Excellent, thanks so much for your review. Glad that we were able to ask you challenging questions and that you were able to have honest connections and discussion with the interviewers. After all... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

Dont waste you time. I got a call after a week i applied but then she kept on rescheduling interview and then i got rejection email. I was not interviewed at all. Such waste of time.

Interview Questions

• nothing i was not interview since she was so busy to schedule an interview   1 Answer

Dec 4, 2017 – Unity Technologies

This isn't the candidate experience that we want you to have at all. We pride ourself on handling candidate communications in a professional and timely manner and will follow up with our recruiting... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

It was a Skype Interview with the research team. They were friendly and asked about my projects. One person asked Technical questions and other asked about general stuff. I never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• Explain my project? What are you expecting from the internship? How can you improve your project?   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks for the review and best of luck in your internship search. Hopefully we'll connect in the future.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

Inconsiderate and terribly slow interview process.

Got a phone interview and then was told that the next step is a coding assessment.

They did not send me the coding assessment until WEEKS after the phone interview, even though I had emphasized during the interview that I already have an offer pending, and will need the hiring process to be expedited. I asked them what was taking so long and they said that they were still working on creating the coding assessment... Super unprepared.

When I finally got the coding assessment... it gets worse: Never heard back from them.

Your time and effort is not considered. Apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Nov 16, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thank you so much for your feedback. We pride ourselves on getting back to candidates quickly and to making our process smooth. I would like to get more details, if you are willing to share, as to... More

Big Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in November 2017.

Interview

It was smooth from the point of HR process but made no sense from the actual job perspective. If the candidate is not a fit, then they shouldn't be even calling for interview as no one is forcing them or begging them. Even if they did, don't try to judge a person by asking totally irrelevant questions from his resume. if they can't judge a engineer, then they have bigger problems as a team. Just my2cents..of course, you can say the candidate is incompetent but then again I will leave that to you.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Dec 7, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks for taking the time review our process. In my follow-up with the Recruiting team they mentioned that they'll try to find multiple roles that might be a fit for excellent candidates. Sorry... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional and discouraging. After 2 weeks of application, the recruiter called without a scheduled phone screen. About a month later, I receive a phone screen call that happen 15 min late because the recruiter forgot the schedule.
    The worst part is they ask about compensation upfront, like hunting for desperate people to join.
    Overall, this is the worst interview I have had in my life! No wonder why they have so many unfilled openings.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions followed by your current compensation (without disclosing their salary range of course)   Answer Question

Nov 16, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback on this interview. We have hired over 700 people this year to date (the majority of them are engineers), and we want everyone to have a great experience. It is customary to... More

Software Development Engineer In Test, Ads Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager about the prospects of the Internship. Next was a coding test that was due within 7 days. Blitz interviews followed where 4 senior QA engineers interviewed me over a video call, 3 of the interviews queried about coding problems. Finally, another interview was done with the manager of the position. Jenna, my hiring manager, did a great job forming a schedule that was flexible for both ends of the party; very quick to respond!

Interview Questions

• Write and test a RESTful API to a spec using any framework/language of choosing.   Answer Question
    • Remove a node from a balanced binary search tree.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went through some brief discussions with recruiting/HR, then had two half day onsite interviews both technical and non-technical. Overall experience was fantastic and everybody was cordial and asked meaningful questions.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our process. We're thrilled that the process was timely and that you felt you were able to make a well vetted decision to join us at Unity!

Legal Process/Ops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. It began with a telephone call with a recruiter, followed by another call with the hiring manager, and finally an onsite to meet with multiple members of the legal team.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions related to building out workflows, process improvements, and cultivating interdepartmental relationships.   Answer Question

Nov 27, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks so much for sharing your positive interview experience with us!

Cloud Service Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Screen phone interview by HR, Coding challenge (REST API construction), and then 4 interview sessions with different engineers done remotely. Interviewers were very kind, and flexible with times. . Recruiter was very accommodating for my schedule, and overall had a great experience with the team!

Interview Questions

• Given the REST API from the coding challenge, how would you ensure performance under stress?   Answer Question
    • Given a stream of input data, output the occurrence of the top ten words.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with a call from a recruiter. He was amazing. Then a call with my manager. Also amazing. Then an on-site interview with 4 people. All amazing. Quick turnaround and started one week after my on-site interview.