Unity Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Product and Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks, from the initial recruiter call to the phone screen with hiring manager, to on-site.

The recruiter and the entire team were very on top of the logistics and provided me updates frequently. The interviewers were open, honest, and friendly during the entire process. Interviews consisted of techincal, behaviorial, and situational. Not sure if the experience is the same for all, but I had to meet with several interviewers. What I really liked about this process versus other companies is that although the questions and process were similar, the discussions were almost always framed around either existing Unity situations or my past experiences (not as arbitrary). It made the conversations flow much better and more natural. This allowed for myself and the interviewer to get a sense of what it would be like to work together.

Overall, it was a great experience for me, the team all around were world class and very professional. Would encourage those applying to really understand Unity and the company's direction.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Oct 28, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Excellent, thanks so much for your review. Glad that we were able to ask you challenging questions and that you were able to have honest connections and discussion with the interviewers. After all... More

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

Found the position online, Applied on their website Jan 25th. Got an email on Feb 5th for availability for a phone interview which we scheduled for Feb 8th. and got an onsite invite for the 15th.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty much "getting to know you" and a little bit more of the job related questions already discussed during the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Mar 13, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Welcome to Unity and thank you for your review!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: one initial phone screen with a recruiter, a 1:1 Skype session with a manager, and a final round of group Skype sessions.

Recruiters seemed a bit lax in their scheduling. On two occasions I was scheduled at times that were outside of my submitted availability.

For the third interview, I was scheduled to have an interview with one person for an hour, and then a followup interview with two people immediately after. Instead, I was called by two people for the first interview. Afterwards, I waited for 30 minutes for the next call. After 45 minutes of waiting, I emailed the recruiter asking if there was a mixup. As it turns out, they had condensed my two interviews into one, since the one of the 2nd interviewers couldn't make it...without telling me.

The folks I interviewed with were very nice and professional, but the recruitment process itself seemed loose.

Interview Questions

• General questions about me, my resume, and my experience. A few targeted questions such as "what makes a good team".   Answer Question

Jun 14, 2016 – Unity Technologies

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your frank review as we are ever working to improve communication and provide an excellent candidate experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a very nice experience with Unity! I lived out of state at the time and they flew me in and set me up with a nice hotel. The interview itself also went great, everyone involved was super friendly and nothing felt confusing or overwhelming. I had a nice lunch in house with members from the team I'll be working with, it felt like a nice mix of casual and professional.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical whiteboard problems for a software engineer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing at Unity Technologies. My recruiter was very responsive and scheduled my interviews very quickly. The interview process lasted 3 weeks and consisted of a phone screen, Coderpad challenge, and a 4-hour in-person interview. The problems were difficult, but my interviewers collaborated with me and helped guide me to the solutions. I received a response 2 days after my onsite interview and am excited to start working there!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies.

Interview

Applied through a referral in early December. Received a response after 2-3 weeks, the initial response was confusing but they were able to clarify when I asked them about it, and we had an initial phone screen in early January.

Since I have 10 years experience, the initial phone screen was mostly just selling me on the company, not attempting any weeding out questions.

Had an hour long video chat technical interview the next week. Didn’t grill me on whiteboard style problems, but did ask domain specific questions to determine my level of expertise in the fields that group was looking for.

I was rejected for the position. The recruiter I was in contact with was not able to provide feedback, but I emailed the technical interviewer directly and they kindly offered some feedback. Had I not been rejected the next step would have been an on site interview.

Overall, once the holidays were wrapped up the process advanced rapidly, and I felt it was respectful and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a relational database and a key value database   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter in November. I went through 3 phone screens and an on-site interview in December. The recruiters were extremely professional and responsive. In addition, they helped me to schedule interviews around my awkward school schedule. Overall, it was a very smooth experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Overall great experience. The process consisted of a recruiter call, manager/team lead call, take-home test, and on-site interviews. The process went REALLY quickly for me. I generally knew the outcome of each interview/step within 1-2 days. Everyone was very kind, and I actually had a lot of fun during my on-site interviews. Yes, I said the interviews were *fun*.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies in June 2018.

Interview

I got rejected after third round with Unity Technologies for the position of Software Engineering position under Infrastructure Team in Seattle. I got a call 3 weeks back from the Recruiter. First was phone screen, where I was asked 7 questions on Java and Linux (one-line answers) and why I want to work at Unity. After a week, I had second round of interview with the Technical Manager, and I was asked 3 medium coding problems and was expected to give approach of all three in 30 mins. (10 mins each). Third round took place after two weeks by the same Technical Manager, where in I was asked to solve one problem designed by the company and had to implement a method to print the output(coder pad). The Technical Manager who took my interview was really good, I got hints if I made any mistake with the approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

HR replies faster than any company I know. All the interviewers are very friendly and helpful. Like this company.

round1 - HR talk about background.
    round2 - technique phone interview. Algorithm.
    round 3- technique phone interview. coding skill.
    round 4- on site. system design, behavior questions, and coding. 3 rounds.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unity Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After I applied this position online, I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone one day later. She asked some basic questions about my background and projects mentioned in my resume. Then she sent me a code exercise. I got an on-site interview after two days I sent my answer to her.
    On-site interview is not so difficult. They are really knowledgable and friendly. They introduced the technologies they use and asked about object oriented design, and how to design a high performance and low latency system. I am really glad to be part of such a nice team.
    The whole interview process is professional and efficient.

Interview Questions

Unity Technologies Response

Oct 28, 2017 – Unity Technologies

Thanks so much for participating in our interview process and for the review. We're happy that you had a positive experience and that you will be joining us here at Unity!