Univar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.4

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Univar (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR within a week for the phone screening. That went well and I was scheduled for an in person interview a day later. The day before the interview, they emailed and canceled the in person interview and never rescheduled.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Univar.

Interview

I had 4 Interviews, 2 on the phone and 2 in person. They offered me the position and then rescinded without any notice. Very unprofessional, I will never recommend anyone apply or work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in HR?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Univar in April 2017.

Interview

There was a lot of questions. They asked me to provide a lot of examples of various situations and the results. They kept asking questions until they fully understood the scope of what I was explaining.

Vendor Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Univar (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with my staffing agency for the position which was more them selling it to me. After that, I interviewed with my future supervisor and another team's supervisor.

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Univar (Downers Grove, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very organized and conversational interviews. Prompt and respectful of other interviewers scheduled time with me. All interviewers were open and honest about the current state of the company, challenges, and role expectations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Univar.

Interview

First you get a recruiter phone call. The Recruiter was very helpful and knowledgeable about the company. She then forward my phone interview to the branch. Received a phone call for another interview at the location. The third interview was with the general manager of the branch.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Univar (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Just as it is difficult to prepare for an interview. It is always an Interesting interactions with participants. It was difficult to read each of the panel members who asked questions as they all had very good poker faces.

Interview Questions

• Well thought out questions that would help identify strengths, opportunities within the individuals skill set based on how one responded to the questions. Would appreciate an opportunity to have a chance to be an employee.   Answer Question

Project Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Univar (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Phones interview and 1 in person interview, the process took in total almost a month I haven't received a offer yet, the final interview was with the HR and the manager at the same time!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Univar (Morrisville, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three guys and then went into another room with two females, asked similar questions in each room. All 5 employees were super nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Univar (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by a Univar HR recruiter in Chicago regarding a position in Jacksonville. First interview happened fast, in Jacksonville. It was the Jacksonville site manager and the person I would be replacing, who was being promoted. Standard getting to know you interview, about one hour in length.

Second interview was in Atlanta. Univar would not pay for airfare but agreed to reimburse for mileage and hotel. This interview was a panel with two Atlanta site managers and a Customer Service Manager (the manager that was in the first interview was not present). It also went about an hour, then we all went to lunch.

Despite the positive vibe, the Jacksonville manager and HR left for long vacations, leaving me waiting for feedback for more than a week. The verdict was they they had an "internal candidate" that would be getting the position. I had been "shopped," driven nearly 800 miles, and wasn't really in the running in the first place.

Getting reimbursed for mileage took more than six weeks.

I also identified another, identical position in another city and was told "We're not filling that position." Really? Then why is it posted?

These people and this company are horrible. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why did you change jobs? (They made a big deal out of this.)   1 Answer