Universal Electronics (CA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

Had interview with HR recruiter first. Later had interview with hiring manager. I had some of the skills but was not the exact person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA).

Interview

The process started with an HR call. I got 2 in-person interview rounds. The 1st is for eliminating with simple questions on algorithms and designs. The 2nd consists of 4 interviews with team members. This round takes 2.5 hours. I answered technical questions and quizzes and written algorithms on board.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied directly and was contacted by their HR person to schedule an appointment to talk to their hiring manager.

The phone interview went well. Went over my background and was asked little to no technical interviews then. After that, I was invited by HR to have an on-site interview with 3 45-minute interviews with 3 different hiring managers.

It was my first coding interview since I was a college graduate and I had a great overall experience. I believed I kinda messed up with my first interviewer with some of the questions but I believe I did well for the other two.

Some things to focus on were constructing data structure classes and developing algorithms. Was easier than I expected for being a recent college graduate.

Even though I didn't get the job offer, I had an overall great experience. The only thing that was negative was that the hiring manager said he would make a decision by the end of the week and I had to email both HR AND him to find out the decision after 1.5 weeks. He explained to me that he contacted HR the day after my interview but HR failed to receive that notice.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First contact me to set up a phone interview.Then onsite interview. The questions are mostly technique. It requires some basic knowledge of C/C++. The position asks for firmware/software engineers familiar with coding and theory.

Interview Questions

• Q: what issue would be caused by defining q global variable?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview was good in quality & quantity, where I thought the interviewer was objectively assessing my skills. Perhaps a little to picky on the exact engineering background and little to know regard for the suitability of the character they need to pick for their team

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen by the recruiter, and them moved to the hiring manager of the department. After another phone screen by the hiring manager I was brought in for an in-person interview. The building they occupy is very nice, although their office space is cluttered with equipment from wall to wall. The front door is locked so you have to knock or ring the doorbell. The interview takes place in the conference room or in individual offices of the interviewers. The interview content ranged from a presentation of the project by one person to technical questions (requiring that I write code) to solve a number of different problems.

Interview Questions

• What is thread priority inversion and how can it be avoided?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process took a week.

The salary was lower than I expected.

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process. I applied online, got a phone screen with basic rtos and c questions (volatile, process, thread, yada yada), then got invited on site. I was out of town so they flew me in.
    The interview consisted of 4 rounds, 3 tech and one behavioral. tech questions were pretty simple. binary search, linked list reverse, resume questions (lot of them).
    I was dropped off at the airport post interview. They didn't even ask if I was hungry or anything out of courtesy. It's been a month, and there has been no response from them. I thought I did well, but apparently not. But in any case, you expect atleast a courteous bye bye from them. Seemed unprofessional and not a particularly great place to work. But meh, I have better offers now.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the HR person for phone screening. Was invited for an interview a few days later. Met with the department manager, director and VP all in the same day. It was a fairly standard process. Was told to expect an answer within a week. Was sent a letter notifying that they found another person.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had to deal with the outside recruiter for two of three phone interviews both lasting about 1/2 hour each. This was a rather unpleasant experience as the recruiter was at times rude and aggressive with salary negotiation. I had not even had the interview with the hiring manager at this time. It was too premature to start negotiating salary. The third phone interview was with the hiring manager which lasted about a 1/2 hour. This basically involved me talking about my background. The final interview was in person and lasted 2 hours.

I gave a thumbs down on the interview process simply because dealing with the recruiter was a very difficult and painful process. The other part of the interview with the hiring manager was professional and well run.

Interview Questions

• How much does it cost to manufacture a remote control?   1 Answer