Universal Forest Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Universal Forest Products

2.8

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products (Saginaw, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Personal in depth and lengthy interview. Very detailed in questions during the interview. Good explanation of job duties and what would be expected of you as a employee. Be Prepared to get personal if you can handle that. They want to get a feel for you as a person not just as a possible employee.

Interview Questions

• Can you and are you willing to tarp.   2 Answers

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products.

Interview

The interview was brief. He told me about the company and then mostly talked about himself. He asked very little about me and my qualifications for the job. I know understand why ... hold a CDL and can breath ... your qualified. What I was told about the pay, work schedule and genaral company atmosphere was predominantly lies. He told me I would get an email outlining the job offer. I never received such email. Just a phone call from tne office assistant asking when I could come in. When I questioned the inconsistencies I was told to check my job offer email (that I never got). When I told him I never got one he just simply said "well I sent it, I dont knowwhat to tell ya".

Interview Questions

• How soon can you start? Isthe only question I recall him asking.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products (Windsor, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Met a guy at a career fair where they emailed me to schedule a face to face a few days later. Asked typical interview questions and explained how the position worked throughout. Really nice people, it just wasn't the company for me due to their location.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into sales?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products.

Interview

Best Job Interview Process I have ever had. They are very intense in the process tho. I had 2 in person interviews and also had to take a intelligence and psychological evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Questions on why you are best candidate and also backing up psych and intelligence results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated salary having a college degree this was not difficult

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products in February 2013.

Interview

Typical phone screening and then in-person interview with legal team and general counsel. Mostly seeking to test fit with the team and culture. Not too difficult....mostly conversational and trying to learn about experience.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products.

Interview

I was contacted about working as a sales trainee for Universal but it didn't feel like the right fit for me after discussions about work/life balance based on the salary that was offered. Negotiations in this process are tough and they claim that "the number is the number."

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of outside the box questions, if anything they like to leave a lot of room for ambiguities. Felt like if they weren't willing to discuss the details, they could work against me in the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products (Riverside, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews. I first met with the Sales Manager and then finally with the GMO. The first interview was a one-on-one interview with the Sales Manager which included a personality test and a wunderlick test. My last interview was with the GMO and it was more of a behavioral interview. The whole process was enjoyable and although I was not offered a position, I would definitely recommend UFP as a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed great leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moultrie, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products (Moultrie, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went in and with with sales manger. Talked about school and experience. He wen on to talk about what UFP does and asked what I thought I could bring to the table

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products in March 2013.

Interview

2 round interview meeting staff and touring the facility. I met with the Sales Manager, GMO and Regional Vice President. All in all it was a very easy interview process

Interview Questions

• High School and College history   1 Answer

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Forest Products (New London, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Took me through the office showed me around and told me what needed to be done. I met the Supervisors and other staff I thought it wouldn't be such a bad job.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you would want to do?   1 Answer