Universal Health Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

First of all, one of the best interviews I have been in to date.

I applied to Willow Springs Center on May 1st. On May 3rd, I received a call from HR expressing their interest in my application and wanted to set me up with a pre-interview assessment.

The pre-interview assessment consists of a variety of multiple-choice healthcare scenarios where you pick the best answer to each question. You have roughly two hours to complete the test and there is give or take 100 questions.

In order to score an interview, you must successfully pass the assessment. Once I completed the assessment, I emailed HR and my call was returned within 5 minutes saying I passed! My interview was arranged for May 8th.

The interview was professional, very laid back, and I felt a strong connection with my interviewers.

Three days later, on May 11th, I had received a call from HR with verbal offer of the position! On May 17th, I started my new hire paperwork!

Interview Questions

• Working with kids, if one of them tells you they are being abused at home, what would you do?   1 Answer

Pre-services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call a few days after applying. Was told up front what the salary range would be. Was set up with an in person interview within the same week. They are looking for yes people. From what I could read between the lines, you are a number and you will be worked to death with little training or support. Side note, this company has a history of legal trouble alleging unethical practice and fraud that are listed on Wikipedia.

SQL/ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Less than a week after I applied I got called by the director of IT and the first question he asked was about my minimum salary requirement. I didn't realize he was the director of IT, because that seemed more like a recruiter question. He then scheduled a phone interview with the team (3 different people on a conference call) It took about an hour. They then called my in for a 3 hour interview with two different panels on the office.

Interview Questions

• Mostly specific questions about SSIS / SSRS tables, indexes, data flows (this was the first panel). The second panel was more about communication, why I want to leave my high paying job, etc.   1 Answer
    • Not really a question, just an observation. They still have this same job posted as several different companies and they keep adding it so it comes up as a "new job."   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Health Services in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and a day later I was sent an email to take a skills assessment test. A day later, I received a call from a recruiter for an interview and scheduled it the following week. There were several people interviewing at the same time as me, they desperately needed 7 spots filled probably because of their high turnover rates. I applied for a full-time position ONLY and after they offered me the position they told me I would be working per diem(on-call). HIGHLY unprofessional and a complete waste of my time. They only had 2 full-time positions and the rest was all per diem, which they failed to mention. When I chatted with another interviewee he also applied for full-time but was given per diem. Ridiculous. No wonder they have a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experience.
      What does two-way communication mean to you?
      How many times is it okay to call in or be late within the first 60 days?
      3 Answers

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

The Director came into town and it was a joint interview with her. This was a while back. It took them quite a while to get back to me to let me know if I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• It was a bit open ended. Not real clear, pointed questions. But a vague interview.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Health Services.

Interview

Interviewed by the new CEO. He mentioned that they've recently had quite a lot of turnover within the organization, but that he was hoping to straighten that out. Interview lasted an hour and it was mostly about my education, related experience, and a few hypothe tidal questionso.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Henderson, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal, boasting of the future and selection process. The interview also included a tour of the department and vision descriptions of what and where things would be. Including topics such as types of customers and benefits offered for full time and part time employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to cross train, while going above and beyond?   1 Answer

Business Data Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the Director of IT and set up an in person interview for the following week. I had high expectations because I heard that the new CEO of prominence health plans was into actuarial sciences but instead my interviewers were part of the IT team. I was told that I was interviewing for a new data analytics position but I was only asked very specific MS SQL Server questions(like what is the definition of a primary key).

Interview Questions

• What is a clustered/non clustered index.   2 Answers
    • What SQL function always returns the number of rows.   1 Answer

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Bloomington, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Short and simple, Supervisor was understanding that I was late due to construction, but was very quick to simply hire me (most likely due to high over-turn). Laid back and easy personal inventory questions

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Health Services (Newark, DE).

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone call to schedule an interview within 2 days. Interview face to face reviewed job duties , hours , benefits, etc, was told I would hear back in a few days. PEpson that interviews my very nice, very quick interview

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a hospital setting?   1 Answer