Universal Logistics Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Materials Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings.

Interview

Went into interview not knowing what job it was for. It was a group interview in which we filled out a lot of paperwork, took a drug test, and then got interviewed separately. Never properly explained the job so I didn't know I'd be working in a tiny office with lots of truckers.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Warren, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

They have a few parts to their interview. First a phone screen, which is pretty typical and appreciated so I don't have to travel out there. Then you interview with 2 or 3 managers. I didn't get a chance to interview with one of them so had to come back for another interview with that manager. Then you have an interview with HR, which mostly seemed like they were testing your personality and the way you carried yourself. They took a lot of notes in the HR interview. At the HR interview, I also had a couple tests I needed to do that were just written open ended. These were questions like: Explain a time you had a leadership role etc. I was given these to do at home, but didn't have the time until then. Next, I had a Javascript test and a personailty test. The Javascript test would allow me to take it for up to an hour and a half (90 minutes), but you had 3 minutes per question. It had some C# in there, but mostly Javascript. It definitely had some advanced concepts so come prepared. It is also open book, but do your searches quickly if needed. The personality test was more like finding out if you are consistent with your answers in my mind. Basically, it asks how you think others view you vs how you view yourself. All in all a very long and thorough process that amazingly enough was wrapped up pretty quickly. They pick and extend offers rather fast, which is very appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just wanted to get to know me. To be honest, They just wanted to know a bit of my background and different technologies I've worked with and what I did with it. They didn't really ask anything such as how would I tackle certain problems. I kind of felt like I had to lead these types of questions out of them or point to my experience on things based on what the tech they were using, which is pretty varied.   1 Answer

I heard on glass door and from other recruiters that they work people a lot of hours. I asked this question explicitly and they said it was around 40 hours per week. When I got my offer and pushed on this a little further they mentioned the salary was based on a 45 hour work week. Knowing the tech field this meant even more hours more frequently in my book. Plus, they had weekly rotations with production support so that is almost a guarantee of quite a bit of long hour frequency. This is just my opinion of course. This just wasn't for me, which is a shame, because they seemed nice enough and I really liked the opportunity to work with Java and C#

Material Liaison Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings in January 2017.

Interview

There was an application with writing portion, initial phone screening, and then a more in depth phone interview. The application included a brief personal traits assessment as well as three timed response written questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation as a manager before?   Answer Question

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Arlington, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

fill out an application in person or on a job board then they will call to come in speak with hiring manager then do a personality test a math test . Drug test and background test then your hired.

Interview Questions

• do you have any forklift experience   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

It is incredibly strait forward. Softball questions that are extremely easy to answer. You need to lear how to fend for yourself. It makes it a little harder to understand but ill keep it coming.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to lead a group of peaple.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview and face to face interview. They asked a lot of questions regarding my personal background. Spoke about the job duties when I was interviewing. Also, be prepared to thoroughly go through your personal work experience.

Data Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen
    Phone interview ( asked background information)
    In person interview had a personality test
    Phone interview -asked what I wanted out of the job, if I would travel etc

Junior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the corporate recruiter on the phone for an initial screening interview, took an online .NET quiz, had an in-person interview with three people involved in the development process, a couple writing prompts, another testing instrument, and finally another in-person interview with the corporate recruiter. The recruiter never got back to me about the test results I was interested in and my application status after I called and left a message.

It is in an outdated building that isn't in the best location. I didn't feel very comfortable between the environment and the questions asked (seemed like they were trying to find out answers to illegal questions). But it seems like a place you could learn a lot...

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

No real interview, just walk it, fill out the paper app. And after they review it they will call you. Some times same day. Very friendly staff but overworked . Oreintation is only four hours long and done by someone that has other office duties. So you are randomly left with no instructor for half the day.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to fill out a log book?   1 Answer

CIR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings.

Interview

I inquired via email about an open position that I was referred to by a current employee. I received a phone call within 15 minutes of hitting the "send" button. I was brought in 2 days later for an interview with HR and took a test to see where my capabilities were at. And then a couple of days later interviewed with the Manager. After that, I received a call from HR for about a week later, though I was told they had quite a few interviews they needed to complete before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• The test you take is about a 45 minutes questionnaire with problem stories as well as mathematical problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was looking for, which was in reason, and they accepted my terms.